Hempel Hempathane Topcoat 55210 is a two-component, glossy acrylic polyurethane coating, cured with aliphatic isocyanate, with good gloss and colour retention for use onto structural steel in severely corrosive environments.
Hempel Hempathane Topcoat 55210 is recommended as a finishing coat for protection of structural steel in severely corrosive atmospheric environment, where light-fastness and gloss retention is required.
Apply only on a dry and clean surface with a temperature above the dew point to avoid condensation. Minimum temperature for curing is: -10°C/14°F. At the freezing point and below be aware of the risk of ice on the surface, which will hinder adhesion. The film formation may be adversely affected by light rain, high humidity and/or condensation during application and the following interval after application: 10 hours , 20°C/68°F In confined spaces provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
Airless spray: 5-10% thinning is recommended. Under extreme conditions up to more than 20% may be necessary to obtain satisfactory film formation. Electrostatic spray: 10% thinning is recommended. Contact HEMPEL for more information. May be specified in another film thickness than indicated depending on purpose and area of use. This will alter spreading rate and may influence drying time and overcoating interval. Normal range dry is: 40-75 micron/1.6-3 mils.
- Complies with European Fire Standard EN 13501-1; classification B-s1, d0
- Approved as a low flame spread material when used as part of a predefined paint system
- Complies with EU Directive 2004/42/EC: Subcategory J.
- Finish: Gloss
- Mixing Ratio: 7:1 by volume
- Fully Cured after 7 days at 20°C
- Pot Life: 4 hours at 20°C
- Dry Film Thickness: 50 microns
- Wet Film Thickness: 100 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 10.2m2 per litre
- Tintable to a wide range of colours
- Available in 5 Litres