Jotun Marathon is a glass reinforced, scratch and abrasion resistant coating for atmospheric, corrosive and immersed environments.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System M21and N2
Jotun Marathon is a two component epoxy coating. It is a high solids, hig build, glass reinforced product which is scratch and abrasion resistant. It is suitable for environments with very high corrosivity. Jotun Marathon is multi-functional and can be used as a primer, mid or finish coat or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments.
Jotun Marathon is suitable for properly prepared concrete and coated surfaces and is available in a selected range of colours.
Marathon is for use in areas where high scratch resistance is required. It is suitable for structural steel and piping which is exposed to highly corrosive environments and immersed structures and substrates.
Jotun Marathon should be applied with an airless spray. For stripe coating and small areas, a brush should be used but care must be taken to ensure the specified dry film thickness is achieved.
Surface and Environment
Jotun Marathon application to surfaces which are clean, dry and free from contamination, will secure lasting adhesion. However, Marathon is a protective coating which is suitable for structural steel and piping in highly corrosive and immersed environments. It is recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general steel structures.
- Jotun Marathon is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 System M21and N2
- Certificate number XM92/M21-167 and XN90/N2-089
- Two component polyamine cured epoxy coating
- High solids, high build, glass flake reinforced
- Excellent scratch resistant properties
- Available in a selected range of colours
- Airless spray application
- 1 hour pot life at 23 degrees Celsius
- For more information please see the Marathon data sheets