Sherwin Williams Macropoxy G280 - Formerly Leighs Metagard G280 is a two pack epoxy, zinc free prefabrication primer formulated as a temporary protective coating for steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning.
Macropoxy G280 is best used as a temporary protective for steel surfaces prepared by abrasive blast cleaning. Rapid drying suitable for use in automatic blast and spray plants. Suitable for welding, cutting and forming when applied at the recommended dry film thickness.
Recommended application method via airless spray or conventional spray. Recommended cleanser / thinner no5. For optimum performance use round steel shot and blast clean to Sa2½ BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Average surface profile in the range 30-50 microns. Ensure surfaces to be coated are clean, dry and free from all surface contamination. Can be overcoated with a wide variety of materials, the choice of system being dependent on exposure conditions.
- Approved by Ministry of Defence MOD/DRA to AFS No.1848
- Complies with NES 757 Annex A Table A
- Newcastle Occupational Health (Industrial Division) Welding Health and Safety Report No7548/04
- Drying Times: 5 minutes at 15°C to touch, 4 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Dry Film Thickness: 25 microns
- Theorectical Coverage: 10.8m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 10 hours at 15°C
- Available in a limited colour range
- Available in 20 Litres