SigmaWeld 190 Silicate Prefabrication Primer is a two component moisture curing, low zinc, silicate prefabrication primer, suitable for application on shot blasted steel plates.
SigmaWeld 190 Silicate Prefabrication Primer offers extremely fast drying properties that help reduce downtime in a business environment, allowing you to get back to work quickly.
SigmaWeld 190 Silicate Prefabrication Primer can be used in seawater immersion in combination with controlled cathodic protection systems and also provides good cutting and welding properties including MIG/MAG welding in various positions such as automatic or manual welding.
SigmaWeld 190 Silicate Prefabrication Primer can be applied using airless spray for direct application to a variety of metal substrates prior to welding and offers excellent resistance to weld splatter, not allowing it to adhere to the surface. SigmaWeld 190 is touch dry after 6 minutes in conditions of 20°C, which is remarkable in comparison to other conventional Welding Primers.
Surface and Environment
SigmaWeld 190 Silicate Prefabrication Primer works to provide regular smooth welding seams and releases little or no fumes during welding and cutting. SigmaWeld 190 is ideal for use in the construction industry where welding is common practice. Please ring our technical support team for more information on this product and one of our highly experienced team of professionals will be happy to assist you.
- Approved by Lloyd's Register of Shipping for use as prefabrication primer (see sheet 1880)
- Health certificate from North of England Industrial Health Service (see sheet 1881)
- Fast drying properties.
- Good cutting and excellent welding properties, including MIG/MAG welding in various positions (either automatic or manual welding).
- Provides regular, smooth weld seams.
- Low fume release during welding and cutting.
- No adherence of weld spatter at surrounding primed surface.
- Excellent thermal stability minimizes heat damage during hot work procedures.
- Can be used as a first coat in various paint systems.
- Suitable for seawater immersion in combination with controlled cathodic protection systems.
- Appearance: Flat
- Theoretical Coverage: 13.9m2 per litre
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 18 microns
- Overcoatable: 3 days - 6 months max
- Full Cure: 3 days at 20°C
- Available in Red brown