Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain is formulated for long term protection for structural and decorative timber. Semi-transparent colour shades for all exterior woodwork outbuildings, garages, sheds etc.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain or Wood Stain and Protector produces a smooth satin matt finish, the grain and texture of the wood are accentuated. It also prevents and protects against blue stain, rot and mildew. Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain or Wood Stain and Protector is a natural oil based product that is micro-porous, moisture regulating, water-repellent and extremely weather and UV resistant.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain is best used as a long term protection formula for structural and decorative timber. Take a pick from our wide range of colours and choose the one that matches your wood. Osmo Woodstain is best used outdoors as it protects from the harsh weather conditions.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain is ready for use when you get it. It does not need to be thinned, just make sure you stir the product thoroughly before you apply it to the surface. Osmo Woodstain should be applied by brush or roller and should be left to dry for 12 hours, providing there is good ventilation, which you would imagine would be a given in the outdoor environment.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain is designed for all exterior wood surfaces, and can cope with the the harshest conditions in any environment. Osmo Woodstain has been tested and has passed the time test, guaranteeing to last for decades.
- For new resinous wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements prior to application
- The transparent colour tone of the finish will be influenced by the wood's natural colour, and testing first is always recommended
- Over application can increase the drying times
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use
- Recommended application amount is approx. 35 ml per m2
- Drying time of 4-6 hrs after the first coat, but is 12 hours after both coats have been applied
- If the subsurface does not absorb the wood finish uniformly, the colouration will be uneven. For an improved, consistent and matted surface, we recommend retreating the surface with 701 Clear. Thereby glossy spots are matted and an even appearance is created
- Grey wood looks classically beautiful, to allow the natural greying process to occur, apply 701 Clear
- For more grey colour tones for an aged and weathered effect, see Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect
- Use under Osmo 430 Anti Slip Decking Oil.
- For Exterior Structural and Decorative Wood
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
|Type:||Based on natural plant oils|
|Finish:||Satin - apart from 701 Clear which is a matt finish|
|Stock Colours:||19 shades including Pine, Larch, Mahogany, Oak, Walnut and Teak|
|Tintable:||Starting at 2.5 Litres, available in 186 RAL Classic & 1950 NCS colour tones.|
|VOC Content:||400 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Exterior structural and decorative wood, such as decking, fences and summer houses|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 26 m² with one coat.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Fully Cured:||Approx 12 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Do not thin. Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.