Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect is a satin, matt, transparent, decorative silver-metallic, oil-based protective finish for exterior wood.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect is recommended for any wood in outdoor areas such as doors, windows and window shutters, car ports, wooden cladding, balconies, wooden decks, gates, pergolas, garen furniture or summer houses. Contains metallic particles with a transparent satin finish. All in one primer and top coat.
- Extremely weather and UV resistant
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to mould, algae, mildew and fungi
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Natural wood grain remains visible
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Dried surface is satin-glossy at first and is afterwards satin. Light-coloured transparent finishes offer only limited UV protection and are therefore not recommended for surfaces exposed to strong sunlight. The transparent colour tone is influenced by the natural tone of the wood and may deviate from the colour chart. To extend the life of the finish, it is recommended to apply 1 final top coat of Osmo UV Protection Oil Extra 420 Clear after thoroughly drying. Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect contains biocides and is therefore only to be used on exterior areas. Apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller and spread well. Allow to dry for approx. 4-6 hours with good ventilation. After drying, apply a second coat also thinly and quickly.
- For new oily or exotic wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements prior to application
- The transparent colour tone of the finish will be influenced by the wood's natural colour, and testing first is always recommended
- Over application can increase the drying times
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use
- Recommended application amount is approx. 35 ml per m2
- Drying time of 4-6 hrs after the first coat, but is 12 hours after both coats have been applied
- Grey wood looks classically beautiful. The natural greying process, however, occurs quite unevenly. Thereby UV rays from the sun destroy the lignin in the wood; afterwards rainwater washes it away. Therefore the part of the cladding that is protected by the roof greys more slowly than than storeys underneath. The result is a spotted, less attractive "zebra house". With grey and silvery shimmering wood stains from Osmo, now an elegant solution has been created, which lets the whole cladding shine in a stately grey from the very beginning, without waiting for the natural greying process. Among six different grey and silver tones (3 grey-satin tones from Natural Oil Woodstain, and 3 silver-metallic tones from Natural Oil Woodstain Effect), there is a fitting solution for every architectural style and for every other taste. The cladding appears especially lively when the grey tones change in fine nuances. So, for example, profiles can be installed so that they alternatie between the tones: [905 Patina] [906 Pearl Grey] [907 Quarz Grey] Or, one sets a single silver profile among grey planks.
- For more grey tones, see Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain
- For opaque colour tones, see Osmo Country Colour
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
|Type:||Oil based protective finish for exterior wood|
|Stock Colours:||1140 Agate-Silver, 1142 Graphite Silver, 1143 Onyx-Silver|
|VOC Content:||400 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Exterior wood, such as doors, windows, timber cladding and fencing|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 26 m² with one coat.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Fully Cured:||Approx 12 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Do not thin. Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 Litres|