Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) enhances the natural character of the wood while providing a satin finish that does not crack, peel or blister. Supports a healthy living environment without the use of biocides to ensure the dry finish is safe for humans, plant and animal.
Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) provides a microporous surface allows the wood to breathe and reduces swelling and shrinkage. Water-repellent, does not crack, peel or flake. Simply apply without sanding. Easy and seamless application. Finish stays workable while coating. As top coat on already coloured treated wood, Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) extends intervals between renovations significantly. As self-priming finish, it prevents the greying process on vertical surfaces with a UV protection factor 12 in comparison to untreated wood when two coats are applied.
Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) is ideal for all exterior vertical wood surfaces: doors, windows, window shutters (dimensionally stable elements), carports, timber cladding, balconies, fences, pergolas, and summer houses (dimensionally unstable elements).
- Incredibly water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- 410 Clear is safe for humans, plants and animals once dry
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Do
not sand smooth surfaces finer than P120. If possible, please apply base coat to all sides before installation. Fresh wood, containing natural wood extractives and
especially hard wood needs to weather off (for approximately 6 weeks) after installation. Thereby the wood becomes absorbent and the wood finish adheres optimally.
A base coat with a coloured finish is recommended, e.g. Osmo One Coat Only HS Plus, Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain or Osmo Country Colour. For renovations, clean old microporous wood finishes thoroughly. Already greyed or weathered wood should be refreshed and cleaned with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces. If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is desired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat. Use biocides safely. Always read label and product information before use.
- As self-priming finish, it prevents the greying process on vertical surfaces with a UV protection factor 12 in comparison to untreated wood when two coats are
- For ingredient rich wood species (such as Cedar, Iroko, Teak, Mahogany etc.) - please allow minimum 12 weeks exposure in situ to the outside elements prior to application
- Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) is recommended only for vertically structured timber (drip angle min. 10º) to enable the rain to drip off rather than stay on the wood's surface for prolonged lengths of time.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can increase the drying times.
- The high-energy UV rays of the sun destroy the lignin in wood: it greys. Up to now, only wood finishes with colour pigments could possibly prevent this effect. With Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear), you have the possibility to protect your wood almost invisibly. Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) contains special ingredients that stall the greying effect by 12 times (UV factor 12). For a reliable UV protection, the wood finish must be applied more generously than other wood stains from Osmo
- Recommended application amount is approx. 55 ml per m2
- So that no micro-organisms, like mould, algae or moss, can stick to a wood finish and cause unsightly discolourations, biocidal active ingredients for a superficial film protection can be added. Biocidal ingredients are fine-tuned exactly so that a harmful effect for people can be largely eliminated. Yet, many consumers prefer wood finishes without biocides, if it is not necessary. Therefore, Osmo also offers Osmo UV Protection Oil (410 Clear) without biocides (410 Clear)
- Oak contains a high acid content within its natural tannins and as a result causes the timber to blacken during exposure to cold and moist environments - especially during the winter periods. More frequent care and maintenance is required, particularly in its first couple of years of exposure to the elements, to maintain its decorative appearance.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 18 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- Drying Time: Approx 12 hours at 23°C
- Available in 410 Clear
- Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres