Osmo Country Colour is a natural wood oil that penetrates and nourishes, providing long term protection for external wood.
Osmo Country Colour is a Wood Paint designed for use on exterior woods. Based on natural vegetable oils, Osmo Country Colour penetrates deeply into the wood keeping it elasticated and healthy. Shrinking and swelling is reduced meaning the wood can breathe and moisture is allowed to evaporate.Osmo Country Colour is available in 2.5 litres tins and a wide range of different colours.
Osmo Country Colour is best used on outdoor woods where exceptional durability and resistance is essential. When used, Osmo Country Colour will not crack, blister or peel, which means that the woods appearance will remain pleasing on the eye for a long time.
- Extremely weather and UV resistant
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Natural wood grain is hidden
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Osmo Country Colour should be applied using brush and will cover approximately 13m2 per litre with two coats. Make sure the surface is clean, dry and free from contaminants before you start the application process to ensure you get the optimum results.
Surface and Environment
Osmo Country Colour can be used on all outside wood where exceptional resistance and durability is asked for, such as wooden sidings and claddings, trim, clapboards (shutters), fences, shakes, shingles, pergolas, garden houses, boat houses, garden furniture etc.
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For new oily or exotic wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements prior to application
- Over application can increase the drying times
- For a gloss finish, use Osmo Opaque Gloss Woodstain
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Requires two coats
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
|Type:||Based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soya oil and thistle oil),|
|Finish:||Opaque, at first slightly satin-gloss then satin finish|
|Stock Colours:||White, Light Ochre, Ivory, Flower Yellow, Nordic Red and more|
|Tintable:||Yes. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangeable|
|Suitable Substrates:||All wood in outdoor areas where an especially durable coating is required|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 26 m² with one coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Fully Cured:||Approx 10-12 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||years from date of production unopened|
|Packaging:||Available in 2.5 Litres|