Fungicidal wash to clean algae, mould, lichen or moss from drives, paths, wood, walls and masonry surfaces before painting
Fungicidal wash is one of the treatments often overlooked by a lot of people who are wanting to paint their concrete driveways, tennis courts, balconies, roofs and any other wooden or masonry surface. The main purpose of fungicidal wash is to clean and protect the surface before it is painted - It really does help make the paint last a lot longer.
Kill off the infestation and prevent regrowth of moss, lichen, algae & mould
Where you have organic contamination such as algae, mould, lichen or moss, the fungicidal wash will kill off the infestation and prevent regrowth for a limited period of time. The idea is to then overcoat the surface that you have prepared with either a protective glaze, sealer or some form of paint. For example, when you're painting a roof the algae or mould will continue to grow underneath the roof tile paint if not treated properly with fungicidal wash. This can often cause blistering and flaking of the paint coating, which will only mean one thing, it will have to be repainted.
How should I apply fungicidal wash?
To apply the fungicidal wash dilute twenty to one and mixed with water. You then saturate the surface with the fungicidal wash and simply let it dry. Once that's done, the paint product can then be applied.
Uniquely to Promain, we offer the 5 litres of Centrecoat GS36 Fungicidal Wash. Once diluted twenty to one, this will give you about a hundred litres of solution ready to use, which is enough to treat an entire tennis court.
- Effectively kills spores of moss, mould and algae
- Enables decoration of treated surfaces with minimal risk of re-infection
- An environmentally friendly, water-borne formulation
- No fire or solvent vapour hazards during application or use
- Absorbed into the substrate
- Colourless finish - leaves the substrate looking unchanged
- Apply by cloth, sponge or back pack sprayer
- Dilute 1:20 with clean water
- Highly concentrated - produces 105 litres when diluted
- Theoretical coverage: 6-8 square metres per diluted litre
- Allow a minimum of 24 hours before applying paint
- Do not wash off before applying coating
- Clean up with water
- Available in 5 Litres