Jotun Pilot QD Primer is a single pack high build zinc phosphate alkyd.
Jotun Pilot QD Primer is a single pack high build oxidatively drying alkyd coating which is zinc phosphate pigmented. Jotun Pilot QD Primer has been formulated to offer an extended wet edge making it suitable to be applied by paint brush. Pilot QD Primer is suitable to be applied directly to correctly prepared metal as a primer and also benefits from being suitable as a mid coat in standard atmospheric environments.
Substrates that Pilot QD primer is suitable for are properly prepared carbon steel, aluminium and wooden substrates. Marine areas where Jotun Pilot is recommended for are areas such as engine rooms as well as topside, decks and superstructures as well as many other industrial applications.
Approvals and certificates
Low flame spread certificate according to IMO FTPC Part 5 (IMO Res. A.653(16)) / IMO FTPC Annex 2 Item 2.2. Grain, Newcastle Occupational Health Food, Compliant with USA, FDA Title 21, Part 175.300 for dry solid
Additional certificates and approvals may be available on request.
- Jotun Pilot QD Primer is available in red, grey, white and selected range of colours
- Gloss level of 60%
- Tested to ISO 3233 and ISO 2813
- Application by paint brush or by airless spray
- Application by roller for small areas although not recommended for first primer coat. Care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness.
- Theoretical coverage rate of 7.5 m2 per litre
- Available in 5 litres.