PPG SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy contains 90% zinc offer excellent anti-corrosive properties and can be applied to all types of steel surfaces and surfaces coated with zinc epoxies and zinc silicates.
PPG SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy primer is an epoxy primer that offers good anti corrosive properties and when dry the film contains 90% zinc by weight. SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy has been specially designed for repairing two component zinc epoxy primers and zinc silicate primers.
PPG SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy primer can also be used to recondition aged, derusted, galvanised steel and even though it dries at temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius can resist heats of up to 175°C non consistently and 125 degrees consistently.
PPG SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy has a theoretical coverage rate of 10.9m2 per litre and can be applied using brush, roller or air/airless spray and should be thinned using thinners 91-79. SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy has a fast dry time of just 4 minutes at 20°C and can be overcoated after 2 hours, providing conditions remains the same as during application.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaZinc 19 Zinc Rich Epoxy can be applied to all types of steel surfaces and surfaces that have been previously coated with zinc epoxies and zinc silicates, as long as they have been prepared properly and all contamination has first been removed.
- Certified for MoD use
- NATO Stock No: 99-152-6131
- Designed for repair of two component zinc epoxy primers and zinc silicate primers
- Can be used as a reconditioner for aged derusted galvanised steel
- Dries at temperatures down to -10 degrees C.
- Dry heat resistance 125 degrees C with peaks up to 175 degrees C.
- The superimposed system must be unsaponifiable
- Quick drying, can be overcoated after a short interval
- Theoretical spreading rate 10.9 m2 per litre at 35 microns
- Touch dry after 30 min. at 10 degrees C, 5 min. at 15 degrees C, 4 min. at 20 degrees C.
- Overcoating interval min. 2 hours at 20 degrees C, max. several months
- Available in 2 litres.