PPG SigmaCover 522 is a two component micaceous iron oxide pigmented polyamide cured epoxy primer/sealer/coating.
This multi purpose product is excellent as it can be used as an undercoat or topcoat and is part of the fantastic range of SigmaCover products that can also be used as a surface sealant.
PPG SigmaCover 522 can be used in industrial, coastal, or chemically contaminated conditions where pollution is of a high level.
- Excellent adhesion to, and sealing of, weathered-, cleaned-, zinc-rich primers and metal-sprayed steel
- Good adhesion to properly pretreated galvanized steel
- Can be used in systems for atmospheric or water-immersed exposure conditions
- Good resistance to industrial- or chemical-contaminated atmospheric exposure conditions
- Good abrasion and impact resistance
- Pass cryogenic cyclic test from -196°C (-321°F) to 140°C (284°F)
- Resistant to temperatures up to 200°C (390°F) in dry atmospheric exposure conditions
- Prevents Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
Blast clean steel to ISO-Sa2 1/2. Substrate temperature during application and curing should be over 10°C. Mix base and hardener at temperatures preferably above 15°C. Thinner should be added after mixing the components.
- PPG SigmaCover 522.
- Two component micaceous iron oxide pigmented polyamide cured epoxy primer/sealer/coating.
- May be used as a primer, sealer or coating.
- Excellent adhesion to and sealing of weathered, cleaned zinc rich primers and metal sprayed steel.
- Good adhesion to properly pretreated galvanised steel.
- Excellent adhesion to blast cleaned steel.
- Can be used in systems for atmospheric or water immersed exposure conditions.
- Good resistance to industrial or chemical contaminated atmospheric exposure conditions.
- Good abrasion and impact resistance.
- Good adhesion characteristics for subsequent coats.
- Resistant to temperatures up to 200°C
|Finish:||Low Metallic Sheen|
|Stock Colours:||Red Brown, Greenish Grey|
|VOC Content:||374.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For metal surfaces|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||15 m2 per litre at 40 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||40 - 100 microns|
|Pot Life:||8 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||2 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Between 8 hours and 1 month at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||7 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||2 years unopened in original container|
|Packaging:||Available in 4 and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.