PPG SigmaCover 522 is a two component micaceous iron oxide pigmented polyamide cured epoxy primer/sealer/coating.
This multi purpose product is excellent as it can be used as an undercoat or topcoat and is part of the fantastic range of SigmaCover products that can also be used as a surface sealant.
PPG SigmaCover 522 can be used in industrial, coastal, or chemically contaminated contiditions where pollution is of a high level.
- Excellent adhesion to, and sealing of, weathered-, cleaned-, zinc-rich primers and metal-sprayed steel
- Good adhesion to properly pretreated galvanized steel
- Can be used in systems for atmospheric or water-immersed exposure conditions
- Good resistance to industrial- or chemical-contaminated atmospheric exposure conditions
- Good abrasion and impact resistance
- Pass cryogenic cyclic test from -196°C (-321°F) to 140°C (284°F)
- Resistant to temperatures up to 200°C (390°F) in dry atmospheric exposure conditions
- Prevents Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI)
Blast clean steel to ISO-Sa2 1/2. Substrate temperature during application and curing should be over 10°C. Mix base and hardener at temperatures preferably above 15°C. Thinner should be added after mixing the components.
- PPG SigmaCover 522.
- Two component micaceous iron oxide pigmented polyamide cured epoxy primer/sealer/coating.
- May be used as a primer, sealer or coating.
- Excellent adhesion to and sealing of weathered, cleaned zinc rich primers and metal sprayed steel.
- Good adhesion to properly pretreated galvanised steel.
- Excellent adhesion to blast cleaned steel.
- Can be used in systems for atmospheric or water immersed exposure conditions.
- Good resistance to industrial or chemical contaminated atmospheric exposure conditions.
- Good abrasion and impact resistance.
- Good adhesion characteristics for subsequent coats.
- Resistant to temperatures up to 200°C