SigmaCover 690 LT Aluprimer is the wintergrade version of 690 Aluprimer and is a two component high solids aluminium pigmented polyamide cured primer and coating suitable for temperatures of freezing to 10 degrees celsius.
SigmaCover 690 LT Aluprimer is a self priming product that can be used with most aged coatings with good adhesion properties, even at low temperatures and can be recoated with any epoxy and polyurethane coatings if you require a more decorative finish. SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer is a available in dark and light aluminium semi-gloss that can be used to create an aesthetically pleasing finish on steel substrates.
SigmaCover 690 LT Aluprimer can be applied using brush, roller or spray once the two components have been mixed together and offers users a theoretical coverage rate of 7-12m2. After 5 hours the surface will be touch dry and ready for a recoat after a minimum of 24 hours.
Surface and Environment
SigmaCover 690 LT Aluprimer SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be used in a wide range of different environments to offer excellent impact and abrasion resistance, making it highly suitable in industrial and construction environments. SigmaCover 690 Aluprimer can be used in environments with low temperatures, on most metal substrates.
- SigmaCover 690 LT (SigmaCover Aluprimer Winter Grade)
- Colours Aluminium Light and Dark - semi-gloss.
- Two component high solids aluminium pigmented polyamine cured modified epoxy primer/coating (for temperatures of 0 Degrees C up to +10 Degrees C).
- Good curing at temperatures down to +0 Degrees C.
- Primer/coating designed for maintenance.
- Low VOC.
- Good flow properties.
- Self priming coating tolerant to lower grades of steel preparation.
- Compatible with most aged good adhering coatings.
- Good recoatability with epoxy and polyurethane paints.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- For substrate temperatures above +10 Degrees C, the standard SigmaCover Aluprimer (7414) shall be used.
- Theoretical spreading rate 11.7 m2/l for 75 microns, 7.0 m2/l for 125 microns.
- Touch dry after 5 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 24 hours, max. 4 months.
- Curing time 5 days.
- Available in 4 Litres and 20 Litres.