SigmaCover 256 (Amercoat 385 PA) is a two component, high build, polyamide cured, recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer designed to be used as a general purpose primer on steel and concrete structures.
SigmaCover 256 offers user excellent toughness and flexibility that works well for long periods.
SigmaCover 256 is highly suited for use in coastal, marine and atmospheric conditions and contains outstanding rust preventing properties that get to work in adverse, wet, weather conditions. This product acts as a general use primer that offers excellent adhesion to steel, galvanised steel and aged epoxy coatings.
SigmaCover 256 can be applied using airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 2 hours to touch at low temperatures down to -10°C and is ready for an overcoat after a 3 hour period has elapsed. SigmaCover 256 has a theoretical coverage rate of 6.3m2 per litre and is available in an Oxide Red or Cream finish suitable for use directly onto metal or concrete.
Surfaces and Environment
SigmaCover 256 has been specifically designed to be highly water resistant and works well to prevent rust forming on metal substrates. 256 should be used in external environments in marine and coastal environments to achieve its full potential but can also be used as a primer or finisher in dry internal areas too.
- SigmaCover 256. formally Ameron Amercoat 385 PA
- Two component high build polyamide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer
- General purpose epoxy primer or build coat for steel and concrete structures
- Suitable for atmospheric and marine conditions
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods
- Lead and chromate free
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- Tough, with long term flexibility
- Cures even at temperatures down to -10°C.
- Good adhesion to steel, galvanised steel and aged epoxy coatings
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- Can be used as epoxy primer/finish (for dry internal areas)
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.3 m2 per litre at 100 microns.
- Touch dry after 2 hours
- Overcoating interval min. 3 hours.