Centrecoat Rapid Dry Primer is a fast drying primer with good anti-corrosive properties and is suitable for steel and metal substrates.
Centrecoat Rapid Dry Primer is an environmentally friendly, economical, general purpose primer designed for general sheet metal fabrication and structural steel work. Rapid Dry Primer is available in black, red, grey or white, giving you a choice of decorative finish.
Centrecoat Rapid Dry Primer is a high build phosphate shop primer, offering quick drying times and has been developed especially for internal structural steelwork, offering good corrosion resistance and resistance to sag.
Centrecoat Rapid Dry Primer can be applied using brush or roller, however we would recommend the use of an airless sprayer, and the tendency to run or sag is greatly reduced when using this method. This product is touch dry after just 30 minutes and has a theoretical coverage rate of 5.6m2 per litre when applied at 180 microns wft.
Surface and Environment
Centrecoat Rapid Dry Primer is highly suited for application to most steel surfaces found commercially, industrially or in a construction based environment.
- Centrecoat Rapid Dry Primer used particularly as holding primer for internal structural steelwork and applied at 75 microns DFT, typically this would subsequently be protected with exterior cladding, or building works
- Often used under intumescent coatings, subject to first checking that the intumescent suppliers data approves the use of 'use under their coating'
- Ideal for airless spray application, with little tendency to run or sag
- Suitable for structural steel profiles
- Exhibits good corrosion resistance
- Excellent sag resistance
|Type:||High build zinc phosphate primer, based on modified alkyd resin|
|Stock Colours:||Black, Grey, Red, White|
|Tintable:||Yes, other RAL colours available on request. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangable.|
|VOC Content:||382.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For steel and structural steel|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||7.3 m2 per litre for 75 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||50 - 75 microns per coat|
|Touch Dry:||15 minutes at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||Minimum 45 minutes at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 21-06|
|Shelf Life:||At least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 Litres|