Selemix Aqua 2k Single Stage Topcoat is a water based polyurethane coating which can be applied direct to suitably prepared steel - ideal for application on agricultural and plant equipment. London Underground Approved Item No.5075.
Please note, the Hardener is not included with this product. Compatible Hardener is Selemix 9-110.
Selemix 2k Single Stage Topcoat is a water based paint formulated with polyurethane which will provide a high quality finish with excellent colour retention and durability, the paint is also highly resistant to weathering, mechanical and chemical stress. It is available in high gloss finish and can be tinted to most RAL, BS & NCS colour codes.
For the matt variant please see Selemix Aqua 8-111 2K Single Stage Matt Topcoat.
Selemix 8-110 is best applied either directly to suitably prepared steel or on top of an applicable Selemix primer, using as part of the aforementioned system the product is perfect for application on to mild steel, bare steel, aluminium, stainless steel, phosphate steel, galvanised steel, previously coated steel, light alloys, machine tools, lathes, surface grinders, milling machines, pull saws, table saws, welding machines, break presses, guillotines, fly presses, drill presses, agricultural equipment, trailers, combine harvesters, muck spreaders, bailers, tractors, trailers, tillers, ploughs, cars, trucks motorcycles, bicycle frames, control panels, welfare cabins, shipping containers, plant equipment, diggers, dumpers, excavators, power barrows, screed pumps, cranes, crawler cranes, lifting gear, chain slings, gennie lifts, goods hoists, railings, garden furniture, steel doors, roller shutters doors, window frames, airport ground support equipment plus many more
All substrates will need to be suitable abraded and degreased before application of 8-110, for optimum results and performance it is recommended 2 coats are applied.
Selemix 8-110 can be applied by both conventional and air assisted / airless spray equipment, when applied at a 70 micron dry film thickness has theoretical coverage of 5.2-6.4m2 per litre.
As Selemix 8-110 is a 2 pack paint it will need to be combined with Selemix Hardener 9-110 at a general ratio of 2.5 to 1, it will then need to thinned with clean water at general ratio of between 5-20% volume. Always consult the technical datasheet prior to use for the applicable ratio.
London Underground Approved Item No.5075 - The paint system meets the LU Standard S1085 for applications over small panels, and can be used in sub-surface stations.
- Part of the Selemix Aqua range
- 2 pack water based topcoat
- Formulated with polyurethane
- Can be tinted to most RAL, BS and NCS colour codes
- For test results, please refer to downloadable sheet found under the above Data Sheet tab
- High quality finish
- Highly durable
- Weather, mechanical & chemical stress resistant
- Can be applied direct to suitably prepared steel
- Theoretical coverage of 5.2-6.4m2 per litre when applied at a 70 micron finish
- Compatible hardener Selemix 9-110
- Touch dry 5-6 hours at 20°C
- Fully cured 8-9 hours at 20°C
- Recoat without sanding minimum of 8 hour and maximum of 24 hours at 20°C
- Store above 5°C in frost free environment
- Always consult manufactures technical datasheet prior to application