PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer has been formulated for use on steel and concrete, offers exceptional rust preventing properties in environments exposed to large levels of water and moisture
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer is a two component, high solids, polyamide, zinc phosphate, epoxy primer designed for general purpose use on steel and concrete structures exposed to adverse weather conditions. Sigma EP 111 Primer is compatible with most two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods. Highways Agency Number Item No.111
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer is highly protective to corrosion damage and works well in industrial and coastal environments to protect the substrate against the ongoing effects of weather. Sigma EP 111 Primer offers toughness, and flexibility and adheres particularly well to steel.
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer should be applied using brush or airless spray and can even be applied at low conditions down to -5°C, for application where warm ventilation is not feasibly possible. Where conditions are of around 20°C then you will be provide with a touch dry surface after 4 hours ready for recoating after 8 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer has been designed specifically for use on steel and concrete structures and offers exceptional rust preventing properties in environments exposed to large levels of water and moisture such as humid industrial conditions and coatal environments.
This product is the primer for the following systems:
- Highways Agency Number Item No.111
- LuL APR No. 1148 - N12.1 Coating System for the Interior of Box Girders to provide a minimum expected service life of 15 years. This paint system consists of a zinc phosphate primer, Sigma EP 111 and an epoxy MIO finish coat, Sigma EP 112.
- Network Rail System N9 (XN90) at 100 microns DFT
- Two component high solids poly amide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer
- General purpose epoxy primer for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- Tough with long term flexibility
- Cure at temperature down to -5 degrees C
- Excellent adhesion to steel
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- VOC compliant
|Type:||Zinc phosphate epoxy primer|
|Suitable Substrates:||Steel - blast cleaned|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Airless Spray or Air Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||6.8m2/l for 100 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||75 - 150 microns|
|Pot Life:||4 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||8 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 8 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||4 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Thinner 91-92, Clean with Thinner 90-53|
|Shelf Life:||At least 12 months|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.