PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer has been formulated for use on steel and concrete, offers exceptional rust preventing properties in environments exposed to large levels of water and moisture
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer is a two component, high solids, polyamide, zinc phosphate, epoxy primer designed for general purpose use on steel and concrete structures exposed to adverse weather conditions. Sigma EP 111 Primer is compatible with most two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods. Highways Agency Number Item No.111
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer is highly protective to corrosion damage and works well in industrial and coastal environments to protect the substrate against the ongoing effects of weather. Sigma EP 111 Primer offers toughness, and flexibility and adheres particularly well to steel.
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer should be applied using brush or airless spray and can even be applied at low conditions down to -5 degrees celsius, for application where warm ventilation is not feasibly possible. Where conditions are of around 20 degrees celsius then you will be provide with a touch dry surface after 4 hours ready for recoating after 8 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer has been designed specifically for use on steel and concrete structures and offers exceptional rust preventing properties in environments exposed to large levels of water and moisture such as humid industrial conditions and coatal environments.
This product is the primer for the following systems:
- Highways Agency Number Item No.111
- LuL APR No. 1148 - N12.1 Coating System for the Interior of Box Girders to provide a minimum expected service life of 15 years. This paint system consists of a zinc phosphate primer, Sigma EP 111 and an epoxy MIO finish coat, Sigma EP 112.
- Network Rail System N9 (XN90) at 100 microns DFT
- PPG Sigma EP 111 Primer
- Two component high solids poly amide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer
- General purpose epoxy primer for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- Tough with long term flexibility
- Cure at temperature down to -5 degrees C
- Excellent adhesion to steel
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- VOC compliant
- Touch dry after 4 Hours
- Overcoating Interval min. 8 Hours
- Full cure after 4 days
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.8m2 per litre at 100 microns