PPG SigmaPrime 200 offers excellent adhesion to steel, shop primers, galvanised steel and non-ferrous metals offers good adhesion, excellent abrasion, impact and chemical resistance.
PPG SigmaPrime 200 is a two component, multi-purpose, polyamide, anti-corrosive, epoxy system, designed for the priming undercoat in epoxy systems, suitable for use in all vessel areas. SigmaPrime 200 is part of PPG Sigma's fantastic range of additional coating products that can be used for any number of things.
PPG SigmaPrime 200 is an epoxy product that dries to form a highly resistant coating in either grey or green eggshell. SigmaPrime 200 works emphatically in a wide range of climatic conditions and cures well in extreme conditions and temperatures, providing the ultimate protection to water damage and corrosion, industrially or in coastal/marine environments.
PPG SigmaPrime 200 is an undercoat product that can be used in conjunction with a number of epoxy protective systems and can be applied using twin feed spray application or brush, for when you need to apply touch ups or spot repairs. SigmaPrime 200 is quick drying in just 1.5 hours and can be over coated with a wide range of suitable products after only 2.5 hours.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaPrime 200 offers excellent adhesion to steel, shop primers, galvanised steel and non-ferrous metals and adheres well to all of these surfaces, providing excellent abrasion, impact and chemical resistance.
- Universal epoxy priming system suitable for all vessel areas
- Excellent anti-corrosive properties and water resistance
- Surface tolerant, pure epoxy primer with good abrasion and chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to steel, shop primer, galvanised steel and non-ferrous metals
- Excellent recoatability
- Suitable for application and curing in a wide range of climatic conditions
- Suitable for bulk supply and twin feed application
PPG SigmaPrime 200 is used within the following PPG systems:
- PPG 3101 System - Anti-Corrosive System For Underwater and Boot Top (To Be Overcoated With Anti-Fouling)
- PPG 3102 System - Systems For Boot Top and Topside
- PPG 3103 System - Systems For Decks
- PPG 3104 System - Systems For Superstructure and Deck Fittings
- PPG 3105 System - Systems For Interiors
- PPG 3106 System - Systems For Ballast Tanks
- PPG 3108 System - Miscellaneous Systems (Below Gratings, Engine Room, Void Spaces, Chain Lockers, Behind Ceilings and Linings, Woodwork etc)
- PPG 3127 System - SigmaGlide Fouling Release Coating System
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
|Stock Colours:||Grey, Yellow Green, Red Brown|
|VOC Content:||430.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For ballast tanks, deck, topside, superstructure, hull, cargo tanks and cargo holds|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||3.8m2 per litre at 150 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||See datasheet|
|Pot Life:||7 hours at 20°C|
|Touch Dry:||1.5 hours at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||7 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 91-92|
|Shelf Life:||At least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.