PPG Sigmarine 48 is a general purpose gloss paint based on a modified alkyd resin that can be applied over most intact alkyd paints.
Sigmarine 48 offers excellent value for money with a product that dries quickly and works excellent well to resist water and weather damage and maintain good gloss retention.
Sigmarine 48 is a hard, tough, durable product specifically suited to areas intermittently exposed to water immersion and atmospheric conditions. Sigmarine 48 is ideal for use as a finish paint for boottop, topside, deck and deck equipment and is also available with non skid material for use on deck surfaces, available on special request.
Sigmarine 48 can be applied easily and effectively using brush, roller or airless spray and has a fast drying time of just 1 hour at 20°C, available for recoating after 16 hours. Sigmarine 48 has a theoretical coverage rate of 12-14m2 per litre per coat and provides users with a glossy finish in a selection of different Sigma range colours.
Surface and Environment
Sigmarine 48 can be used over all surfaces that have been coated previously with alkyd paints providing they are still in reasonable condition. Sigmarine 48 offers excellent resistance to weather in adverse conditions so is highly suited to outdoor use.
- General purpose gloss paint based on a modified alkyd resin
- Particularly suitable as a finish for boottop, topside, deck and deck equipment
- A quick drying, hard, tough, water- and weather resistant coating with moderate gloss retention
- Can be applied over most intact alkyd paints
- This coating is particularly suitable for areas intermittently exposed to water immersion and atmospheric conditions
- Also available with non-skid material (supplied separately) for use on deck surfaces
- Certificate for low flame spread: see sheet 1883
PPG Sigmamarine 48 is used within the following PPG systems:
- PPG 3102 System - Systems For Boot Top and Topside
- PPG 3103 System - Systems For Decks
- PPG 3104 System - Systems For Superstructure and Deck Fittings
- PPG 3105 System - Systems For Interiors
See Data Sheets tab for System sheet downloadable PDF.
|Type:||Based on Alkyd Modified Resin|
|Stock Colours:||White and others according to Colour Card|
|VOC Content:||453.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||For boottop, topside, deck and deck equipment|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Air Atomised Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12.6 m2 per litre at 35 microns|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||35 microns|
|Touch Dry:||3 hours at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 24 hours at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||PPG Thinner 20-05|
|Shelf Life:||At least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Packaging:||Available in 5 and 20 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.