PPG SigmaShield 400
is a two component, high solids, glassflake, reinforced polyamide cured, epoxy coating that offers long term protection in areas subject to wear and tear and can be applied in temperatures down to 10 degrees celsius.
SigmaShield 400 can be used on steel and blasted steel and offers excellent abrasion and impact resistance in industrial and marine exposures. Sigmashield 400 is highly suited for use on ice-going vessels and offers extremely good corrosion resistance that protects the surface from natural damage caused by the environment.
SigmaShield 400 can be applied easily and effectively using brush, roller or spray and has a good drying of 6 hours to touch. After 24 hours you will be able to apply a second coating which will reach full cure after 8 days. Once dry you will be provided with a glossy black finish, available in other colours on request.
Surface and Environment
SigmaShield 400 is highly suited for use in a marine type environment where protection against water and chemicals is vital. 460 offers very low water permeability due to the glass flake barrier and is suitable for immersion service.
- SigmaShield 400 (formerly 825 and Amerlock 400GFA) a two component high solids glassflake reinforced polyamide cured epoxy coating.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance.
- High glassflake level.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion.
- Long term protection at areas subject to heavy wear and tear.
- Very low water permeability, due to glassflake barrier.
- Tar free.
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals.
- Application and curing at temperatures down to 10 Degrees C.
- Suitable for immersion service.
- Compatible with cathodic protection systems.
- Up to 750 microns in a single coat.
- Theoretical spreading rate 4.4 m2 per Litre at 200 microns.
- Touch dry after 6 hours.
- Overcoating interval min. 24 hours, max. 3 months.
- Full cure after 8 days.