Sika SikaGrout® 111 GP is a one part flowable shrinkage compensated general purpose cementitious grout.
Sika SikaGrout® 111 GP is suitable as a general purpose grout for filling cavities, voids, gaps and recesses. Also suitable for sealing around penetrations, under stanchion plates, for machine and base plates and post fixings. Sika SikaGrout® 111 GP is suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Easy to use (ready to mix powder)
- Pre batched for quality
- Just add water
- High compressive strength gain
- Easy to mix and apply
- Contains no chloride admixtures
- Shrinkage Compensated
- Fire rating and protection properties comparable to concrete
- Can be pumped or poured
- Good mechanical properties
Concrete, mortar, stone:
Surfaces must be sound, thoroughly clean, free from ice, oils, grease, standing water and any loose or friable particles and any other surface contaminants.
Clean, free from oil or grease, rust and scale etc.
Where formwork is to be used, all formwork should be of adequate strength, treated with release agent and sealed to prevent leakage. Sealing can be achieved by
using Sikaflex® -11FC+ sealant beneath or around formwork and between joints. Ensure formwork includes outlets for extraction of the pre-soaking water. A header
box/hopper should be constructed on one side of the formwork so that a grout head of 150-200 mm can be maintained during the grouting operation.
The substrate should be prepared by suitable mechanical preparation techniques such as high pressure water jetting, breakers, blastcleaning, scabblers, etc.
The concrete substrates should be pre-soaked with clean water continuously for 2 - 6 hours to ensure a saturated surface dry condition throughout the operation.
Immediately before pouring grout, remove all excess or standing water from within any formwork, cavities or pockets.
Water : mortar powder = 1 : 6.25 parts by weight. (4.0 – 4.5 litres of water per bag). Mix for 3 minutes minimum. Place the water into a forced action grout mixer or in a clean drum. Slowly add complete bag of SikaGrout® 111 GP into the water and continuously mix for 3 minutes in mixer to achieve a uniform and lump free consistency. Alternatively use a slow speed drill (200-500 rpm) and spiral paddle mixer. Pour the mixed grout into the header box/hopper ensuring continuous grout flow during the complete grouting operation to avoid trapping air. Use steel banding or chains to assist flow where necessary. For large volume placement, grout pumps are recommended. For cold weather working consider using warm water to assist with achieving strength gain & other physical properties.
After the grout has initially hardened, remove formwork and trim edges while concrete is ‘green’. Cure all exposed grout surfaces using Protect the fresh material from premature drying using appropriate curing method e.g. curing compound such as Sikafloor® ProSeal ,moist geo-textile membrane, hessian, polythene sheet etc.
In cold weather apply heat blankets to maintain a constant temperature.
- Meets the requirements of BS EN 1504-6. Anchoring of reinforcing bars.
- Fire Classification: Class A1 (EN 13501-1)
|1 Day||7 Days||28 Days||Test|
|~ 20 N/mm2||~ 45 N/mm2||~ 60 N/mm2||EN 12190|
Notes On Application
- Do not exceed water addition
- Not to be used for concrete repair works
- Do not use vibrating pokers
- Use only on clean, sound substrate
- Avoid application in direct sun and/or strong wind.
- Pour or pump from one side only
- Keep exposed surfaces to a minimum
- Do not add additional water during the surface finishing as this will cause discoloration and cracking
- Protect freshly applied material from freezing and frost
- To avoid cracking in warm temperatures keep bags cool & use cold water
- Substrate and Ambient Temperature: +5°C min. / +30°C max
- Density: ~ 2310 kgm3 (wet density)
- Layer Thickness: 10 mm min. / 150 mm max
- Flexural Strength: ~ 10 N/mm² ( 28 days)
- Consumption: Depends on the substrate roughness and thickness of layer applied. As a guide, 1 bag yields approximately 13.0 litres of mortar
- Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use
- Storage Conditions and Shelf Life: 6 months from date of production if stored properly in dry conditions in undamaged and unopened original sealed packaging
- Appearance: Grey powder
- Available in 25 kg bags