Sika Sikalastic 8800 is a two part, elastic, 100% solids, very fast curing and coloured pure polyurea liquid applied membrane with good chemical resistance.
Sika Sikalastic 8800 is formulated to provide an abrasion resistant protective coating in industrial and manufacturing facilities on concrete. Sika Sikalastic 8800 is also suitable for the waterproofing of cut and cover structures, submersed structures, walkways and balconies and floors and car park decks.
Sikalastic 8800 is also ideal for water retaining structures in power plants, secondary containment structures and tank, bund and pit lining in sewage and waste water treatment plants.
For steel, Sikalastic 8800 can be used for truck bed lining and the waterproofing and wearing layer on steel ridges.
- Very fast reactivity and curing time
- Almost immediate return-to-service time
- Applicable in temperatures from -20°C to +50°C
- Performs in constant dry temperatures from-30°C to +100°C
- Excellent crack bridging properties
- Good chemical resistance
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- UV light exposure may lead to yellowing
- Not resistant to biogenic sulphuric acid
Sika Sikalastic 8800 may only be used by experienced professionals.
Dose and mix with a suitable air driven or electrical plural component heated spray equipment. Both components must be heated up to +70°C. The accuracy of mixing and dosage must be controlled regularly with the equipment. Thoroughly stir part B (Amine) using a drum stirrer until a homogenous colour is obtained.
- Coating for concrete protection according the requirements of EN 1504-2:2004, Declaration of Performance 0206070100100000271008, certified by
FPC Notified Body and provided with CE-Marking
- Geoscope GmbH, project No. 131303A, 2013, Determination of the durability of the synthetic membrane Sikalastic-8800 in an autoclave, based on DIN
EN ISO 13438
- Eurofins Product Testing A/S, report No. G23435_Ver2/BJ1, 2013, Determination of the overall migration and migration of isocyanates acc. EN1186 and EN 14338
- KIWA Polymer Institut GmbH, report No. P8331-E, 2013, Testing od static and dynamic crack bridging ability in accordance with DIN EN 1062-7, as well as
bond strength after freeze-thaw-cycling with de-icing salt immersion and after thundershower cycling acc. DIN EN 13687-1 and -2, in combination with Sikafloor
- KIWA Polymer Institute GmbH, report No. P8395, 2013,Testing of the root resistance according DIN 4062
- KIWA Polymer Institute GMBH, report No. P92787-1-E, Tests on a coating system in accordance with test category OS 11/A, according DIN V 18026 in accordance
with EN 1504-2
|Stock Colours:||Approx RAL 7012 Basalt Grey|
|VOC Content:||< 500 g/L|
|Suitable Substrates:||For concrete|
|Application Method:||Plural Heated Spray Equipment|
|Theoretical Coverage:||Approx 1.05 Kg per m2 per mm|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):|
|Overcoatable:||After 1 - 2 minutes at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||1 day at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean all tools with Sika Thinner C immediately after use. The application equipment has to be cleaned and filled
with Mesamoll. Hardened and/or cured material can only be removed mechanically.
|Shelf Life:||12 months in original unopened containers.|
|Packaging:||Available in 403 Kg|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.