SikaCor EG1 is a fast curing 2 pack high abrasion and chemical resistant matt epoxy micaecous iron oxide paint that can be applied at temperatures as low as 0°C. directly to new or weathered galvanised steel.
Sikacor EG1 is a 2 pack fast curing paint that is highly abrasion and chemical resistant that contains micaecous iron oxide to offer increased protection to new or weathered galvanised steel. Sikacor EG1 is a 2 pack epoxy resin paint that benefits from curing at low temperatures typical being able to be applied at 0°C. ambient temperature with the substrate being as low as 10 degrees C. making it ideal for application during late autumn though to late spring.
This high build paint offers a high degree of chemical and abrasion resistance as a primer and intermediate coat for steel as well as new and galvanised steel such as railings, stairs, street furniture and general application in the building industry as well as for domestic use.
SikaCor EG1 is a fast curing paint system allowing up to 3 coats of paint to be applied in a single day that does not require the non-weathered galvanised steel to be T washed or etch primed before application therefore reducing the time required for painting. Used in general fabrications as well as more specialized applications such as submerged and non submerged structures in harbour's and ports as well as water and sewage treatments.
SikaCor EG 1 is a two-pack, high-solids, epoxy-based intermediate coat containing micaceous iron oxide. SikaCor EG1 is designed as a mechanically resistant intermediate coat on steel surfaces exposed to atmospheric conditions, hot-dip galvanized steel, zinc-spray, stainless steel and aluminium.
- SikaCor EG1 can be submerged and non submerged structures
- Used in harbour and port applications
- Water and sewage treatment plants
- General fabrication
- Street furniture, lighting columns
- Suitable for direct application to new or weathered galvanized steel
- Low temperature application possible
- Application temperatures down to '0' degrees C. (-10 degrees C. for the substrate)
- Highly abrasion and chemical resistant
- Matt finish
- Three coat system application possible within one working day
- Does not require T wash or etch primer when applied to new or weathered galvanised substrates
- Theoretical coverage 5m2 per Kg at 80 microns
- Application by brush, roller or airless spray
- Available in 3 and 15Kg tins.