This product is now discontinued. Please contact our technical team for an alternative.
3M Scotchkote Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 is designed to protect metal against corrosive damage.
3M Scotchkote Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 is a one part, heat curable, thermosetting, epoxy coating designed for protecting metal against damage caused by corrosion.
3M Scotchkote Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 is designed to be applied to preheated steel as a dry powder that melts and cures to the surface, with a uniform thickness finish. Scotchkote 134 is highly resistant to wastewater, corrosive soils, hydrocarbons, harsh chemicals, and sea water.
3M Scotchkote Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 is a powerful coating that can be applied, using electrostatic or airless spray, to preheated steel surfaces, and dries to form a forest green finish. When applied to substrates, with a preheated temperature of approximately 200 degrees celsius, the substance will gel after 2 minutes and be fully cured after 15 minutes.
Surface and Environment
3M Scotchkote Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 has been developed for a quick drying process on preheated metallic substrates. Ideal applications include: pipes, valves, pumps, drain pipes, hydrants and porous castings.
- The epoxy is applied to preheated steel as a dry powder, which melts and cures to a uniform coating thickness
- 3MTM ScotchkoteTM Fusion-Bonded Epoxy Coating 134 (FBEC) is a one part, heat curable, thermosetting epoxy coating designed for corrosion protection of metal
- Avaiable in Forest Green
- Coverage 127 ft2/lb/mil (0,66 m2/kg/mm)
- Fluid Bed Density 33 lbs/ft3 (530 kg/m3)
- Used with 206N Long Gel 65lb
- Scotchkote 134 coating has been tested and certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61, Drinking Water System Components
- Scotchkote 134 FBEC meets the requirements of AWWA Standard C213 and C550
- Please note delivery 8-10 weeks from order
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.