Zinsser Allcoat Exterior Gloss Water Based is suitable for most exterior surfaces such as new or previously painted wood, uPVC, galvanising, metals, cladding, weathered bitumen, stucco, brick, stone, cured concrete, plastisol, timber.
Zinsser Allcoat Exterior Gloss is a high quality, versatile product designed for application to all external surfaces, and offering up to 8 years of protection from weathering and water damage. On top of this, Allcoat Exterior Gloss contains a biocide to protect the dried coating against fungal degradation, and being self priming there is no need to purchase a separate primer.
Zinsser Allcoat Exterior Gloss is best used for providing decoration and long-term protection to almost any exterior surface. Available in a wide range of colours you can ensure most external features, structures and furniture looks great for years to come and two coats is all it takes to provide the substrate with a protective coating that works to resist, water, abrasion, UV light, and fungal attack, all the while retaining its natural colour for a long period of time.
Zinsser Allcoat Exterior can be applied using brush, roller or spray for ease and choice of application and provides users with fast drying coating that is dry to touch after just 1 hour under normal conditions and can be recoated after 4 hours under the same conditions. Allcoat Exterior has a theoretical coverage rate of 12m2 per litre on non-porous surfaces, however this will decrease on surfaces which are more porous.
Surface and Environment
Zinsser Allcoat Exterior is ideal for decorating most exterior surfaces and is highly suited for application to new or previously painted wood, UPVC, galvanising, metals, cladding, weathered bitumen, stucco, brick, stone, cured concrete, plastisol, timber and surfaces which have been previously glossed. This external coating offers long term protection and will not crack, blister or flake when exposed to harsh conditions, such as rain or snow.
- Offers 15 years of performance
- Excellent colour retention
- Water Based
- Recoatable in 1 hour
- Can be applied to Plastisol, powder coating, timber and existing glossy paints
- Zinsser AllCoat Exterior gives excellent resistance against cracking, blistering and flaking
- Also suitable for rain and severe weather
- Offers a long lasting finish
- Contains a biocide to protect against fungal degradation
- Easy to apply
- Offers excellent colour retention
- Can be applied to multi-surfaces
- Normal application is 2 coats, however an additional coat should be applied to areas of high exposure such as sills and facia boards
- Touch Dry: 1 hour, hard dry 4 hours at 20 Degrees C and 60% RH
- Full cure achieved after 7 days
- Coverage Up to 12m2 per litre on non-porous surfaces
- Note on porous surfaces coverage will be reduced e.g. sawn timber, 4-8m2 per litre. Planed timber, 8-12m2 per litre
- Application: Brush, Roller or Spray
- Available in 5 litre tins.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.