Zinsser BIN Primer Sealer seals new wood, wall-board, cured plaster, all porous surfaces, and adheres to smooth and other difficult materials. Blocks stains, stops odours, water marks, knots, sap, smoke soot, graffiti, grease and crayon.
Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer and odour sealer is a stain block paint designed for use on walls and ceilings. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer offers superior adhesion over conventional stain killers to glossy surfaces without scuff sanding. Shellac Stain Killer from Zinsser offers high quality blocking to stubborn and persistent stains and even seals bleeding knots and sap streaks.
Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer adheres well to smooth and other difficult surfaces and works extremely well to block out water marks, knots and sap, smoke soot, graffiti, grease, crayons as well as removing the lingering odour from fire damage and other annoying smells. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer can be used as a stain block paint on all interior surfaces including, walls and ceilings, and for spot priming exterior surfaces.
Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray and has excellent drying time of approximately 45 minutes, when you can apply a topcoat straight away. Once applied and fully dry, Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer offers a vapour barrier on all interior surfaces. It is common practice before applying any product to make sure the surface is clean, dry and free from any kind of contaminates before the application process has begun. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer can even be applied in freezing conditions.
Surface and Environment
Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Stain Killer has been specially formulated to seal, prime and block out stains on previously painted or new work. B-I-N Stain Killer is recommended to be used on interior ceilings, walls, doors, cabinets, furniture and related paintable surfaces. Exterior uses are limited to spot priming only and may be used to block water, grease, rust, smoke, asphalt, graffiti and many other types of stains.
Zinsser B-I-N offers ultimate performance primer-sealer:
- Permanently blocks odours
- Unparalleled adhesion to any surface without sanding
- Suitable for interior and spot exterior use, seals knots and sap streaks
- Dries in just 15 minutes, recoatable in 45 minutes
- Tintable to mid tone colours
- Zinsser BIN Primer Sealer is the original shellac-based white-pigmented primer-sealer stain-killer
- Use in decorating voids
- Can be used on all interior surfaces and spot priming exterior surfaces
- Kills the smell of fire damage and other odours
- Zinsser BIN Primer Sealer is formulated to seal, prime and block out stains on previously painted or new work
- Any oil or latex paint be applied over Zinsser BIN
- Zinsser BIN Primer Sealer seals new wood, wall-board, cured plaster, all porous surfaces
- Adheres to smooth and other difficult materials
- Blocks stains, water marks, knots and sap, smoke soot, graffiti, grease and crayon
- Provides interior vapour barrier
|Type:||Shellac Based Primer / Sealer|
|Tintable:||Yes, upon request. Please note, bespoke tints are non refundable / exchangable.|
|VOC Content:||Less than 550.0g per Litre|
|Suitable Substrates:||Recommended for application to interior ceilings, walls, doors, trim, cabinets, furniture, and related paintable surfaces.|
|Application Method:||Brush, Roller, Pad, Conventional Spray or Airless Spray|
|Theoretical Coverage:||12.5 m2 per litre for smooth surfaces|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Touch Dry:||20 minutes at 20°C|
|Overcoatable:||After 45 minutes at 20°C|
|Fully Cured:||1 - 3 days at 20°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Methalated Spirit|
|Shelf Life:||3 Years Unopened|
|Packaging:||Available in 1, 2.5, 5 and 10 Litres|