Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat is a water-based product, offering fire protection to a variety of interior wooden substrates, primarily timber. Combined with Flamegard Ultra you can achieve the highest possible fire rating of Class 0.
Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat is best used internally as an undercoat that can be coated over with your choice of Flamgard topcoat, in a variety of colours, to achieve the highest fire rating with a decorative finish that suits your colour scheme.
Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat can be applied using brush, roller or airless spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 5m2 per litre, per coat. After 4 hours the surface will be touch dry ready for a second coat of this product. A further 24 hours should be allowed for the coatings to dry fully ready for your choice of topcoat.
Surface and Environment
Bollom Broflame Ultra Basecoat is highly suited for application to most internal timber surfaces and is ideal for use in communal areas, such as public buildings, schools and hospitals for a coating that inhibits the spread of flame and heat release, allowing for extra time for escaping a building in the event of a fire.
- When used in conjunction with FlameguardTM Ultra this Decorative thin film intumescent base coat delivers a Class 0 rating over solid timber, timber-faced boards and particle boards.
- FlameguardTM paints are designed to inhibit surface spread of flame and heat release, providing vital escape time in the event of a fire
- Achieves Class 0 fire protection rating to BS476: Parts 6 and 7
- Hard wearing protective / decorative finish
- For all types of timber in communal areas
- Available in White
- Application by airless-sprayer, brush or roller
- Touch dry 4 hours between coats
- Hard dry allow 24 hours before applying Flameguard Ultra Top Coats
- Theoretical coverage 5m2
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.