Jotun Hardtop HB is a 2 component polyurethane topcoat for marine and industrial structures in highly atmospheric conditions.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, N2 and N9
Jotun Hardtop HB is a two component chemically curing matt polyurethane topcoat. It is available in most BS4800, RAL and Jotun house colours and has been formulated to provide a highly anti-corrosive and durable top coat finish.
Jotun Hardtop is recommended for marine structures, bridges and industrial structures, as well as boats, ships and yachts. When being used as a deck coating the addition of an anti-slip aggregate can be made, to provide a slip resistant finish. Conforms to the Highways Agency item No.169.
Jotun Hardtop HB is a highly efficient and protective paint coating, designed for application using an airless spray gun. The theoretical coverage for Jotun Hardtop HB is 8.3 square metres per litre. You may use a paint brush for strip coatings or when applying to small areas only (care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness).
Surface and Environment
Jotun Hardtop HB is a high build product which is ideal for areas such as coastal environments and offshore applications, where the paint is subject to extreme and aggressive environmental conditions.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, N2 and N9
- Certificate numbers XM92/M20-148, XM92/M21-114, XM92/M24-124, XM92/M24-125, XN90/N2-063 and XN90/N9-066
- Highways Agency Item 169
- BBA HAPAS certified for the corrosion protection of structural steelwork in highway applications
- Recommended airless spray application
- Brush application is recommended for stripe coating and small areas only
- Pot life at 23 degrees Celsius: 4 hours
- Matt finish with good gloss retention
- Excellent water resistance
- Very good abrasion, solvent and chemical resistance
- Flexibility Very good
- Theoretical coverage 8.3 square metres per litre
- For thinning use Jotun 10 thinners
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres