Jotun Hardtop Optima is a gloss and colour retentive topcoat which is chemical and water resistant and ideal in marine and offshore environments.
This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, N1, N2, N4 and N9
Jotun Hardtop Optima is a two-pack polysiloxane topcoat with excellent gloss and colour retention. This versatile product is fully recoatable at any stage of curing and is extremely flexible, making it great for use in external environments.
Use Jotun Hardtop Optima as a topcoat over an epoxy system where a durable, high grade finish is required in aggressive atmospheric exposure. Highways Item No.169. When dry, Optima offers excellent proptective properties and abrasion resistance too.
Hardtop Optima has been specifically design for application useing an airless spray, like many of the other Jotun products, in order to achieve the desired finish. Brush can be used in small areas and when a strip coating is required, however it must be said that extra care should be taken when you are trying to achieve the specified dry film thickness. Hardtop Optima has a theoretical coverage rate of 10.1m2 per lite.
Surface and Environment
Hardtop Optima from Jotun is a paint coating designed for application over a variety of different epoxy coatings. Regardless of the surface, so long as there has been a previous coating of a high peformance, epoxy coating. Specifically manufactured for use in outdoor, strong atmospheric conditions, Jotun Hardtop Optima incorporates a high gloss finish and gloss retention, with chemical resistance and water resistance properties too.
Please get in touch for more details regarding the Jotun Hardtop Optima from Promain.
- This product is part of the Network Rail/Railtrack RT98 Systems M20, M21, M24, N1, N2, N4 and N9
- Certificate numbers XM92/M20-166, XM92/M20-168, XM92/M21-167, XM92/M24-169, XM92/M24-169, XM92/M24-170, N1-115, XN90/N2-089, XN90/N4-090 and XN90/N9/065
- Highways Item No.169
- BBA HAPAS certified for the corrosion protection of structural steelwork in highway applications
- Jotun Hardtop Optima offers a high gloss finish
- Gloss retention is excellent
- Offers very good water resistance
- Abrasion resistance is also very good
- Resistance to solvent is also good
- Chemical resistance very good
- Good flexibility
- Best applied by airless spray
- Brush is only recommended for stripe coating and small areas, care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness
- Thinner/Cleaning Solvent: Jotun Thinner No.7 and No.17
- Theoretical coverage 10.1m2 per litre
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres