Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Winter Grade provides protection to carbon and shop primed steel and coated surfaces and can be applied at sub zero temperatures.
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Winter Grade is a low temperature curing, two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating. It is developed for areas where it is not possible or required to provide optimum surface preparation. If applied to blast prepared steel at the manufacturer's recommended film thickness (see data sheet), an expected life expectancy of 15 years before a first maintenance is necessary.
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Winter Grade can be used as a primer, mid or finish coat, or as a single coat system in atmospheric and immersed environments. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Winter Grade can be applied at sub zero surface temperatures and is suitable for the maintenance and repair of prepared carbon steel and aged surfaces. Other uses include the external hull surfaces and exterior and interior surfaces within marine environments, including water ballast tanks. It is also recommended as a protective coating for offshore environments such as splash zones, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel surfaces.
Surfaces should be prepared, prior to application, ensuring they are clean, dry and free from any contamination. To achieve a Winter Grade standard of product, the Comp A/Comp B mix ratio should be 4:1. Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Winter Grade should be applied by airless spray. A brush can be used for stripe coating or small areas. Rollers may also be used for small areas, however this is not recommended for a first primer coat. When using a brush or roller, care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness.
Surface and Environment
Jotamastic 87 Aluminium Winter Grade provides long lasting protection in environments with high corrosivity and can be applied in temperatures that fall below zero degrees celsius. It can also be applied to substrates in immersed environments. Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from any contamination, in order to ensure lasting adhesion.
- Two component polyamine cured epoxy mastic coating
- Spread of Flames certificated (part of a complete system)
- Touch dry in 2.5 hours
- Thorough dry after 6 hours
- Overcoat after 48 hours
- Theoretical coverage rate of 3.9 square metres per litre
- Corrosion protection for 15 years
- Temperature Application range: -5 to 40 degrees Celsius
- No sealer coat required
- Appliction: Airless spray - brush and roller can be used for smaller areas
- Offers APAS approved to specification 2973, 2973F and 2977.
- Approved for PSPC water ballast tanks according to IMO resolution MSC.215(82).
- Available in 5 and 20 litre pack sizes
- Thinner: Jotun Thinner No. 17