Sherwin Williams Firetex C69 - Formerly Leighs is a two pack blast primer for Sherwin Williams Firetex intumescent coatings.
Firetex C69 is suitable as a primer for Firetex intumescent coatings, which can be overcoated after 30 minutes offering a fast track solution to off site intumescent application.
For optimum performance use round steek shot and blast clean to Sa2 1/2 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Average surface profile in the range of 30-50 microns. Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from surface contamination. Firetex C69 can be either applied by airless or conventional sprayers. Recommended cleanser / thinner No5.
Cellulosic Fire Protection of Steel:
- Specification FP3: Solvent Based 25µm Shop applied for Life of Building (C1), or 50µm for up to 20 years (C2)
- Specification FP5: Solvent Based 25µm Shop applied for Life of Building (C3) and Up to 30 years (C4) or 50µm for up to 25 years (C5-I and C5-M)
- Recommended for use with Sherwin Williams Firetex range of intumescent coatings
- Dry Film Thickness: 25 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 16.4m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 8 hours at 15°C or 7 hours at 23°C
- Drying Time: To touch - 15 minutes at 15°C, To recoat - 40 minutes at &15°C
- Available in Black
- Available in 5 and 20 Litre units