Sherwin Williams Firetex C69 - Formerly Leighs is a two pack blast primer for Sherwin Williams Firetex intumescent coatings.
Firetex C69 is suitable as a primer for Firetex intumescent coatings, which can be overcoated after 30 minutes offering a fast track solution to off site intumescent application.
For optimum performance use round steel shot and blast clean to Sa2 1/2 BS EN ISO 8501-1:2007. Average surface profile in the range of 30-50 microns. Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from surface contamination. Firetex C69 can be either applied by airless or conventional sprayers. Use Sherwin Williams Thinner No 5.
IMPORTANT INTUMESCENT PRODUCT NOTE: Always contact Promain’s technical team prior to purchase to obtain a tailored project specification and the advice necessary. The information displayed on this website should only be used as a guide. Promain UK Limited will not be held liable for any resulting damage to property, human life or monetary costs incurred due to incorrect specification, preparation, application or maintenance that has occurred due to negligence by either the purchaser or applicator. This includes your failure to have contacted us to obtain the relevant advice/specification.
Cellulosic Fire Protection of Steel:
- Specification FP3: Solvent Based 25µm Shop applied for Life of Building (C1), or 50µm for up to 20 years (C2)
- Specification FP5: Solvent Based 25µm Shop applied for Life of Building (C3) and Up to 30 years (C4) or 50µm for up to 25 years (C5-I and C5-M)
- Recommended for use with Sherwin Williams Firetex range of intumescent coatings
- Dry Film Thickness: 25 microns
- Theoretical Coverage: 16.4m2 per litre
- Pot Life: 8 hours at 15°C or 7 hours at 23°C
- Drying Time: To touch - 15 minutes at 15°C, To recoat - 40 minutes at &15°C
- Available in Red Oxide
- Available in 5 and 20 Litre units
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.