Sherwin Williams Firetex FX5120 is a water based CEP free thin film intumescent coating to provide fire resistance up to 120 minutes on structural steel.
FIRETEX FX5120 is designed for application by airless spray, to provide fi re resistance for periods of up to 120 minutes on structural steel. FX5120 can also be used to enhance the fire resistance of concrete slabs and decks up to 60minutes. For use in internal dry controlled environments without topcoat (C1 according to ISO12944-2:1998) and external urban or uncontrolled internal environments (C3 according to ISO12944-2:1998) with topcoat
Recommended application via airless spray or brush. Must not be applied directly to galvanized steel, zinc rich primers or concrete. If it can be guaranteed that application and subsequent in-service conditions will be in a C1 environment as defined in ISO 12944-2:1998, then no topcoat is required. For any other situation a topcoat must be applied, consult Sherwin-Williams for advice. Sher-Cryl M770, FIRETEX M71V2, Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 products should be used for subsequent re-decoration. FIRETEX FX5120 must be applied in a dry environment. It must not be exposed to condensation, damp or wet conditions during or after application.
- Tested to BS476 Part 20/21
- Certifire Approved – Certificate CF5012
- This product has been assessed in accordance with the Criteria of Acceptability given in the ASFP/BCF Industry Guidance document
- This product has been tested and assessed in accordance with the ASFP fire testing protocol for cellular beam protection. See Section 6.3 from ASFP Yellow Book 4th Edition
- Tested and assessed to EN 13381-8
- Tested and assessed to EN 13381-3
- Tested to EN 13823 and EN 11925-2
- European Technical Approval ETA 13/0113
- CE Mark number 1121-CPD-GA5016
- Drying Time: 5 hours to touch at 15°C, 24 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Available in White
- Available in 20 Litres