Sherwin Williams Firetex FX2003 is a single pack thin film 120 minute intumescent coating designed for in shop application to structural steel.
FIRETEX FX2003 is designed for in-shop application by airless spray, to provide fire resistance for up to 120 minutes on structural steel. After appropriate drying, FIRETEX FX2003 specifications can be exposed to the weather for up to 6 months provided that the specifi c use or storage does not lead to ponding water due to rainfall, condensation or other site / transportation / storage circumstances. FIRETEX FX2003 can resist normal weather conditions for up to 6 months without topcoat provided it has had appropriate drying prior to exposure. Once an approved topcoat has been applied as appropriate to the prevailing conditions, then durability will be substantially enhanced. If the specific use or storage could lead to prolonged contact with water due to rainfall, condensation, or other site/transportation/storage circumstances, then a recommended topcoat must be used to prevent damage to the basecoat.
Recommended application via airless spray. For in-shop application, use FIRETEX C69 Fast-Track Blast Primer. Several primers have been approved for use under FIRETEX FX2003. For certain dry, internal situations where the final colour / appearance is not critical, then FIRETEX FX2003 may remain un-topcoated. For externally exposed steelwork and severe internal environments Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 must be used as a topcoat. For other internal environments where a topcoat is required then FIRETEX M71V2 or Sher-Cryl M770 should be used. In all instances for subsequent re-decoration, use FIRETEX M71V2, Sher-Cryl M770, Acrolon C137V2 or Acrolon C237 as appropriate.
- Certifire Approved – Certificate CF5077
- This product has been assessed in accordance with the Criteria of Acceptability given in the ASFP/BCF Industry Guidance Document.
- This product has been tested and assessed in accordance with the ASFP firetesting protocol for cellular beam protection. See Section 6.3 from ASFP Yellow Book 4th Edition
- Drying Times: 30 minutes at 15°C to touch, 4 hours at 15°C to recoat
- Available in White
- Available in 20 and 200 Litres