Mapei Elastocolor Primer is a solvent-based fixing primer with high penetration properties for porous substrates and curing agent for repair mortars.
Mapei Elastocolor Primer is used to impregnate concrete surfaces repaired with products from the Mapegrout line before smoothing or painting with Elastocolor Rasante or with Elastocolor. The product penetrates into porous substrates and ensures excellent insulation and good adherence to the paint that will be applied.
Elastocolor Primer is also used as a curing agent for repair renders and mortars and can be directly painted over with Elastocolor. The product does not need to be removed before painting the repaired surfaces because it does not diminish the bonding strength of the protective material to the substrate. Elastocolor Primer is ready to use.
If the product is used as a fixing primer before painting on a slightly porous substrate, dilute Elastocolor Primer with 20-30% turpentine. If it is used as a curing agent, apply Elastocolor Primer pure directly on the fresh surfaces after the float finishing. The product can be applied with a brush, roller or manual or compressed air pump.
Mapei Elastocolor Primer is an ideal fixing treatment for chalking and dusty substrates such as cementitious renders and concrete surfaces before painting with Elastocolor Paint. it offers an anti-evaporation protection of fresh Mapegrout repair mortars, from rapid evaporation of water due to sun and wind.
Some application examples
- Impregnation of superficially and remove porous surfaces dusty substrates, by impregnation. For example: cementitious and lime based renders, asbestos cement and concrete blocks.
- Priming concrete surfaces repaired with products from the Mapegrout range before smoothing with Elastocolor Rasante or painting with Elastocolor Paint.
- Consumption for Mapei Elastocolor Primer is 100-150 gms per m2 when used as a fixing primer
- 110-150 gms per m2 used as a curing agent
- Ideal fixing treatment for chalking and dusty substrates
- Offers anti-evaporation protection of fresh Mapegrout
- Can be applied by brush, roller, manual or compressed air pump
- Available in 10 kg drums.