Please note, there is a 3-4 week leadtime on this product as it is non stock.
Mapei Nivorapid is an ultra-fast setting, thixotropic, cementitious levelling compound for horizontal and vertical surfaces, from 1 to 20 mm thick layer. London Underground Approved APR No. 530.
Mapei Nivorapid is used for repairing, levelling and smoothing interior floors, walls, steps and arrises where very rapid hardening and drying are required.
By adding Latex Plus to Nivorapid, levelling with excellent bonding strength on metal surfaces, old rubber floors, PVC, needlepunch, chipboard, parquet, linoleum or similar (see technical data sheet for Latex Plus) is obtained. Nivorapid is a grey-brown powder composed of cementitious binders, selected graded aggregates
and synthetic admixtures prepared according to a formula developed in the MAPEI research laboratories.
Nivorapid mixed with water becomes an easily workable thixotropic paste with high bonding strength to substrates and rapid drying which allows subsequent installation operations for floor and wall coverings, or painting, within only 4-6 hours after application. Nivorapid hardens without shrinkage and without the formation of cracks or crazing. It develops high compressive and flexural strength and is very resistant to impact and abrasion.
Some application examples
- Smoothing concrete slabs and screeds made with Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem, Topcem Pronto, anhydrite, and magnesium based screeds as well as cast asphalt
- Smoothing terrazzo, ceramic, natural stone or heated floors
- Smoothing concrete walls, cementitious renders, foamed concrete blocks and ceramic
- Repair or levelling steps, landings and edges of pillars
- Filling depressions and holes in floors, walls and ceilings
The substrates must be sound, dry, free of dust, loose parts, paint, wax, oils, rust and traces of gypsum. Cement based surfaces that are not sufficiently sound must be removed or where possible consolidated with Prosfas, Primer MF, Eco Prim PU 1K, etc. Spread dry sand or Quartz 1.2 over the surface immediately after the treatment of one of the above mentioned products.
Cracks and fissures in the substrate must be repaired with Eporip or Eporip Turbo. In order to fix dust and to provide uniform absorbency of the substrate, dusty or very porous concrete surfaces must be treated with a coat of diluted Primer G (1 kg of Primer G with 1-3 kg of water) or Livigum (1 kg of Livigum with 5 kg of water).
Anhydrite screeds may only be levelled with Nivorapid after treating the surface with a suitable primer (Primer G or Eco Prim T diluted 1:1 with water).
Prime existing ceramic and natural stone substrates with a coat of Eco Prim T after mechanically abrading and cleaning the surface with a suitable detergent. Leave the primer to dry for 2-5 hours, according to the temperature and humidity level of the surrounding environment, and then spread on a layer of levelling mortar. Never wait more than 24 hours.
Preparing the mix
While mixing with a low speed electric mixer, pour a 25 kg bag of Nivorapid into a bucket containing 5.5 litres of clean water and mix until a uniform lump-free paste is obtained. The quantity of Nivorapid mixed in each batch should be used within 15 minutes (at a temperature of +23°C). Applying the mix Apply the mix with a long metal trowel. When it is necessary to apply several coats in rapid succession proceed with subsequent coats (distanced about 20-30 minutes according to the temperature and the absorption rate of the substrate).
The surface of Nivorapid is ready to receive ceramic tile coverings already after 4-6 hours. Wooden and resilient floors can be laid after 24 hours.
- London Underground Approved APR No. 530 - Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials'. Nivorapid complies with EN 13813, being classified as CT-C40-F10-A2fl. After 4-6 hours Nivorapid is ready to be painted or to receive wall tiles or floor surfacing.
- Clean Up: While it is still fresh Nivorapid can be removed from hands and tools with water
- Where to use: internal floors and walls for ceramic, natural stone, resilient and wooden coatings
- Workability time: 15 minutes
- Thickness applied: from 1 to 20 mm
- Set to light foot traffic: approx. 2 hours
- Waiting time before laying: 4-6 hours for ceramic tiiles and natural stone, 12 hours for parquet and resilient coverings
- Storage: 12 months
- Application: metal trowel
- Consumption: 1.6 kg/m² per mm of thickness
- Colour: Grey
- Packaging: 25 kg bags.
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.