Mapei Silexcolor Base Coat is an intial masonry coat formulated to even out surfaces by filling defeats on old render prior to a top coat of Mapei Silexcolor Mineral Silicate Masonry Paint.
Mapei Silexcolor Base Coat is best used as a base filling layer with quartz granules for dehumidifying render before applying layered finished materials from the Silexcolor range. Silexcolor Base Coat is indispensable when “scratcheffect” finishes are applied, to avoid the substrate showing through the more transparent part. Silexcolor Base Coat may be used to even out the surface, by creating an even finish and by covering small imperfections. When applied in white, or in a colour similar to the final coat, it helps to integrate the final coat particularly when bright, lively colours are required via the top coat. Surfaces treated with Silexcolor Base Coat have a uniformly rough finish, which makes it easier to apply layered finishing materials, particularly when applied by trowel. This results in a more even distribution of the finishing material over the entire surface.
Surfaces must be dry, cured, perfectly clean and sound. Remove all traces of oil and grease from all items not well attached to the surface. Seal off and smooth any cracks which are present. Mapei Silexcolor Base Coat is either ready to use, or can be diluted with 5-10% water or Silexcolor Primer. make sure the product is well blended. Apply using a brush, roller or by sprayer (air mix). A single coat of Silexcolor Base Coat is usually sufficient to prepare the substrate. However, if the substrate is particularly uneven, a second coat may be required. Protect from rain for at least 12-24 hours. Silexcolor Base Coat may be painted over after 12-24 hours.
- Not suitable for use on metal. Do not use metal or glass containers to decant into
- Consumption: Consumption is heavily influenced by the absorption and the roughness of the substrate and by imperfections on the surface, and according to the application technique used. Under normal conditions, consumption is generally 0.3-0.5 kg/m2 per coat.
- Overcoatable at least 24 hours under normal humidity and temperature conditions, and in all cases only when the previous layer is completely dry
- Clean tools in water prior to drying
- Application Temperature: Between 8°C - 35°C
- Can be tinted to NCS colours
- Available in 20kg tubs
- Please note: This product has a 3 week lead time as it is made to order.