Mapei Silancolor Plus Masonry Paint is a siloxane paint for the hygiene of walls in both internal and external applications.
Mapei Silancolor Plus Masonry Paint is ideal for painting walls which are particularly prone to the destructive action of algae, mould and fungi to form a long lasting protective coat on the substrate towards such micro organisms. The treatment of the walls is particularly long lasting due to the water repellent and breathable properties of the paint. Ideal for painting façades, including north facing facades, and painting bathrooms and kitchens. Highly reisstant to alkalis, washing cycles, UV rays and ageing.
Silancolor Paint Plus is extremely resistant to the growth of algae, mould and fungi. A typical application for Silancolor Paint Plus wall and masonry paint is on north-facing walls which are particularly prone to the growth of mildew caused by the wall being cold, damp and lacking winter sun. Silancolor Paint Plus has been formulated to paint walls that are suffering from existing problem with micro-organisms that have caused green growth, algae and black mould. Following cleaning with a fungicidal wash such as Silancolor Cleaner Plus to remove any existing growth from the surface, or as a preventative measure before painting Mapei Silancolor Plus Primer or Silancolor base coat can be applied to both exterior or interior walls or masonry.
Mapei Silancolor Plus Masonry Paint is best used as a complete system alongside Mapei Silancolor Plus Primer and Silancolor Plus Cleaner to provide a complete, efficient long lasting system for the defense against algae, mould and fungi. Clean surfaces thoroughly with Silancolor Plus Cleaner and then followed by a treatment with Silancolor Primer Plus. Do not apply on to damp substrates. Do not apply if humidity is higher than 85%. Dilute Silancolor Paint Plus with 15-20% of water making sure the product is well blended by using a low speed drill if necessary. Apply initlal coat with either a brush, roller, air sprayer or airless gun. Use at least 2 coats of Silancolor Plus Paint. Wait 24hrs between each coat.
Consumption is heavily influenced by the absorption and roughness of the substrate, the colour of paint applied and the tools used for application. Under normal conditions, consumptions is generally 0.3-0.4 kg/m2 (for 2 coats of product).
- LuL APR Reg No. 5004 - Water repellent, mould and algae resistant, breathable paint system. Complies with LU Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials'. Internal and External application.
- Always use with Silancolor Plus Primer and Silancolor Plus Cleaner
- Protects against algae, fungi and mould
- UV Stable
- Do not apply if humidity is over 85%
- Should be applied between 5 and 35°C
- Applicable by brush, roller, airless spray, air spray
- Available in a multiple of colours via the ColorMap automatic colouring system
- Consumptions is generally 0.3-0.4 kg/m2 (for 2 coats of product).
- Available in 5 and 20kg drums