Owatrol Gelcoat Restorer is a colour restorer for dull or sun faded surfaces including gelcoats and fibreglass surfaces.
Gelcoat Restorer is a deep penetrating oil that penetrates deep into gelcoat to re-wet the pigment and so restore the dull, faded look of the gelcoat to its original colour and lustre. It then dries to a tough, long lasting and flexible finish. Gelcoat Restorer eliminates the need for
expensive waxes and polishes that sit on the surface and dry out quickly.
Ideal for brightening gelcoat with dull lustre, restoring shine to metal fixtures, rejuvenating flat or chalky paint dulled by weathering, brightening the surface tiles in stone, terracotta, marble, slate etc.
- Restores the colour and appearance of dull and faded surfaces caused by exposure to sunlight, rain and pollution
- Long lasting and penetrates deep into the gelcoat
- Protects against corrosion and blemishes
- Eliminates the need for waxes and polishes that sit on surfaces and dry out quickly
- Suitable for use on fibreglass (GRP)
- Not suitable for white surfaces
Apply using a high quality, natural or synthetic bristle brush and soft cloth. Choose an area that can be managed within five minutes. Excess Gelcoat Restorer that dries on the surface may be removed with Owatrol Marine Strip per label instructions. Wear protective clothing and gloves. Cover areas you want to protect. Apply between 41°F (5°C) and 95°F (35°C). Do not apply in direct sunlight. Use as is, do not thin.
Rinse the surface with fresh water. Remove dirt and heavy oxidation by scrubbing with Owatrol Deck Cleaner per label instructions. Allow surface to completely dry.
Saturate a soft cloth with Owatrol Gelcoat Restorer and wipe it on. With a soft cloth, wipe off excess within 10 minutes. Gently polish with a lint-free cloth to a new sheen.
- Theoretical Coverage: 18m2 per Litre
- Clean tools with white spirit whilst wet
- Any rags, steel wool etc soaked in GELCOAT RESTORER may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Rags, steel wool etc must be saturated with water after use or placed in a sealed, water filled metal container, before disposing with household waste.
- Left over Owatrol Gelcoat Restorer should be transferred to a smaller, airtight, closed metal or glass containers
- Keep from freezing and high temperatures
- Dry Time: 24 hours, depending on temperature and humidity.
- Shelf Life: 2 years minimum in original unopened packaging
- Available in 1 Litre Containers
- Color: Amber