Penguard Special B10 is a two pack highly pigmented zinc phosphate coating certified under Highways Approved Item No. 110.
Penguard Special B10 is a two component highly pigmented zinc phosphate polyamide cured high molecular weight epoxy primer.
Jotun Penguard is suitable for application to sand blasted or correctly prepared carbon steel as well as aluminium, Galvanised steel and stainless steel. Penguard can also be applied to thermally sprayed zinc/aluminium substrates.
Approved to meet the requirements of UK Highway Agency Item 110 for use on bridges lighting columns, railings, and other street furniture and highway infrastructure. Suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to corrosive environments. Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment.
Suitable for application via airless spray or brush for stripe coating or small areas. Care must be taken to achieve the specified dry film thickness. Use Jotun Thinner No17 as per data sheet.
Typical paint system
Penguard Special B10, Penguard Pro GF, Hardtop XP.
- Highway Agency Item 110
- BBA HAPAS Certified for corrosion protection of structural steelwork in highway applications
- A highly pigmented zinc phosphate primer
- Phenguard Special B10 offers very good water resistance
- Also benefits from offering good flexibility
- For spray application use an airless spray
- The use of brush is only recommended for stripe coating and small areas
- Thin with Jotun Thinners no17
- Touch dry 1.5 hours at 23 degrees C.
- Theoretical coverage 17 m2 per litre
- Available in a flat red finish
- Available in 20 Litres