Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw is designed to retain the natural raw appearance of sanded wood by using a small amount of white pigments to neutralise the permanent 'wet-look' that develops after application of a clear finish.
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw is a versatile, professional product that is scratch, crack, flake, and peel resistant.
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect RAW protects wood nearly invisibly. Ideal for the protection of interior wood such as flooring and furniture.
- Nearly Invisible Appearance, No 'Permanent Wet Effect'
- Light Coloured Wood Stays Light Coloured
- Extremely Durable and Hard wearing
- Incredibly Water and Dirt Resistant
- Resistant to Common Liquid Spillages Such As Water, Juice, Tea, Cola and Wine
- Saliva Resistant and Sweat Proof - Suitable For Children's Toys
- microporous, Breathable Finish Which Does Not Crack, Peel or Flake
- No Sanding Necessary For Spot Repairs or Future Applications
Applying the Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect RAW too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time and the typical smell of oil. Any brush strokes can be removed with an unused dry Microfibre Roller within 30 minutes after applying. The natural colour tone of wood is preserved – Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect RAW does not enhance the tone of wood, no permanent wet effect. On dark/reddish wood species, Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect RAW is visible as slightly white chalky surface. A trial application is recommended. For extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended. Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin 1101
- Recommended application is 30ml per m2
- If excessively applied, or if the surface has been sanded to a very fine grade of sandpaper - the white pigments can show visibly in some areas. To avoid, sand the surface to P120 and apply very thinly along the grain and spread well.
- Polyx®-Oil Effect 3044 RAW is designed for lightly coloured, sanded or raw wood only. Two coats are recommended.
- For more colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Any brushstrokes can be removed with an unused dry Microfibre Roller within 30 minutes after applying
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 30 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application requires 1-2 coats depending on aesthetics
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- During Time: 24 hours at 23°C
- Curing Time: 2-3 weeks to complete hardening
- Available in RAW (3044)
- Available in 2.5 Litres