Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is based on natural raw vegetable oils formulated to allow for an even colouring and a harmonic, smooth surface result on interior woods.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is easy to apply provides individual creativity on wooden floors and furniture, while meeting the woods natural demands.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is especially recommended for use on cork, wood flooring as well as furniture and edge glued panels. Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints are extremely durable and work to protect the surface against water, dirt and a number of other substances, including, coffee, tea, wine, beer, milk and juice. Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is available in 7 attractive colour tones. Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is only recommended for lightcoloured wood species.
- Protects and colours wood keeping wood grain visible
- Harmonious appearance
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof - suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints can be applied using a floor brush or a microfibre roller. Apply thinly and evenly across the surface while allowing good ventilation for drying. If you require a more intense colour tone then apply a second coating of Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints. Doesn't require primer or internediate sanding. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free. Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Surface and Environment
Osmo Polyx-Oil Tints can be applied to raw surfaces but we would recommend using it on wooden flooring that have been produced to be decorated, protected and re-designed. Osmo Polyx-Oil Tints is suitable for use on all interior wood surfaces to provide a stained finish which is not harmful to animals, children or adults alike.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat is recommended on wooden flooring - a clear top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is required (approx. 24hrs after the first coat)
- Recommended application amount is 30ml per m2
- 3040 White can be used as a stand-alone finish or as a top coat after application of Osmo Wood Wax Finish 3111 White, to preserve the desired intensity of white.
- For more colour tones, see Osmo Wood Wax Finish
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 30 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- Drying Time: 24 hours at 23°C
- Curing Time: 2-3 weeks to complete hardening
- Available in 3040 White, 3067 Light Grey, 3071 Honey, 3072 Amber, 3073 Terra, 3074 Graphite and 3075 Black
- Available in 2.5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.