Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is based on natural raw vegetable oils formulated to allow for an even colouring and a harmonic, smooth surface result on interior woods.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is easy to apply provides individual creativity on wooden floors and furniture, while meeting the woods natural demands.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is especially recommended for use on cork, wood flooring as well as furniture and edge glued panels. Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints are extremely durable and work to protect the surface against water, dirt and a number of other substances, including, coffee, tea, wine, beer, milk and juice. Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is available in 7 attractive colour tones. Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints is only recommended for lightcoloured wood species.
- Protects and colours wood keeping wood grain visible
- Harmonious appearance
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof - suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints can be applied using a floor brush or a microfibre roller. Apply thinly and evenly across the surface while allowing good ventilation for drying. If you require a more intense colour tone then apply a second coating of Osmo Polyx® Oil Tints. Doesn't require primer or internediate sanding. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free. Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well before use. Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum. The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Surface and Environment
Osmo Polyx-Oil Tints can be applied to raw surfaces but we would recommend using it on wooden flooring that have been produced to be decorated, protected and re-designed. Osmo Polyx-Oil Tints is suitable for use on all interior wood surfaces to provide a stained finish which is not harmful to animals, children or adults alike.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat is recommended on wooden flooring - a clear top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is required (approx. 24hrs after the first coat)
- Recommended application amount is 30ml per m2
- 3040 White can be used as a stand-alone finish or as a top coat after application of Osmo Wood Wax Finish 3111 White, to preserve the desired intensity of white.
- For more colour tones, see Osmo Wood Wax Finish
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 30 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- Drying Time: 24 hours at 23°C
- Curing Time: 2-3 weeks to complete hardening
- Available in 3040 White, 3067 Light Grey, 3071 Honey, 3072 Amber, 3073 Terra, 3074 Graphite and 3075 Black
- Available in 2.5 Litres