Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) is water-repellent, dirt-resistant, easy to clean and resistant to stains, ideal for use on nurseries, childrens rooms and other wooden floors.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) is similar to the wood wax finish but offers an opaque finish. Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) is water-repellent, dirt-resistant, easy to clean and resistant to stains.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) is ideal for use on nurseries, childrens rooms and other wooden floors. Once used the finish is excellent at resistance dirt and moisture and works well in the resistance of household liquid spills like fruit juices, water, coca cola and milk.
- Suitable for all interior use
- Wood grain can be hidden with intensive tones in multiple coats
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Wood Wax Finish combines all of the advantages of oils and waxes in one unique product, it provides an almost infinite variation of naturally occurring colour shades and helps to enhance the grain by showing a natural colour tone. Or should you rather an intensive vivid or bright colour, this product can work for that too, Osmo Wood Wax Finish provides your interior wood with a durable surface that adapts to the demands of life. It's also resistant to water and dirt as well as being wipe proof and stain resistant, the Osmo Wood Wax Finish provides an easy application and there’s no need to sand between coatings, saving time and money. This product is also resistant against liquid spillages and the dry finish is safe for humans, animals and plants.
Should you require a transparent or intensive coloured wood finish, Osmo Wood Wax Finish unique combines the advantages of both and uses natural oils and wax in one product. Its stain resistant, water repellent and is also abrasion resistant, the results on the surface will also be pleasant to touch. When comparing Osmo Wood Wax’s finish to conventional finishes, using plant ingredients gives the product a more even colour and harmonious appeal.
Osmo Wood Wax can be applied quick and easily, there’s no need for a primer or intermediate sanding, this will again save you time and money. It's suitable for wood and is microporous so it won’t crack, peel, blister or flake, as well as being waterproof this wax finish is also resistant to wine, beer, cola, tea, fruit juice, milk and water. The dry surface finish is suitable for humans, animals, plants and childrens toys.
Use 1 coat of Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) for a matt, transparent finish and 2 coats for a light satin, opaque finish. Make sure the surfaces are clean, dry and free from contaminants before application. Osmo Wood Wax can be applied with a floor brush, wooden floors containing a very high level of oil should be pre-treated by rubbing the sanded surface with a cloth soaked with turpentine spirit to remove some of the existing oil.
For decades Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) has been used in rooms with high moisture like kitchens and bathrooms. Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours) helps surfaces to breathe and release moisture into the air so surfaces are less likely to shrink or swell up, causing cracks and flakes. It penetrates deeply into the wood and is particularly well suited for the treatment of dark hardwoods like Jatoba, Meranti, Wenge, Merbau and Ebony, to name a few.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish offers a transparent or intensively coloured wood finish, it includes the advantages of using natural oils and waxes in one product. Wood Wax Finish is resistant to dirt, water and abrasion and will also smoothen the surface, whilst the wood structure still remains visible. The use of plant ingredients in this product helps to create a more evenly coloured and more harmonious appearance.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish is suitable for the decoration, protection and finishing of wood in indoor areas, this includes wall panelling, mouldings and beams as well as doors, it’s also suitable for edge glued panels and chipboard.
When applying Osmo Wood Wax Finish to flooring or staircases, we recommend that it’s overcoated with a coat of oil raw or oil tint, this is to retain whiteness and to ensure that you get the best finish.
Surfaces that have been treated with Osmo Wood Wax Finish should be dry wipes from time to time with a soft, lint-free cloth. We also recommend removing day to day dust, dirt, scuffs and light marks with a spray cleaner.
When it comes to stubborn marks, light scratches or if the surface is starting to look tired or worn out, we recommend using a liquid wax cleaner, or for intensive cleaning use a more intensive cleaner.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For resinous wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat on flooring - as a second coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is required
- Wood grain remains visible with 'transparent' tones and wood grain is hidden (after two coats) of 'intensive' tones
- When using 3111 White as the first coat on flooring, a second coat of 3040 White from Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints is recommended to ensure consistency of the white colour
- Recommended application amount is 35 ml per m2
- Lightly coloured glazing effect: within 20 minutes after applying the coat, wipe with a cloth or a white pad along the wood grain
- As a colouring primer for flooring: Leave to dry for approx. 24 hrs to allow pigmentation to cure before applying second coat with Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original
- For alternative colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints
- For transparent colours please see: Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours)
|Type:||Based on natural plant oils and waxes|
|Stock Colours:||Various intensive shades available - see full data sheet for more information|
|VOC Content:||max. 400 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Interior wood, including soors,panels, mouldings, beams, chipboard and MDF.|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat.|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Odour:||Faint / Mild|
|Application Temperature:||Above 5°C|
|Drying Time:||Approx 24 hours at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 375ml, 750ml and 2.5 Litres|
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.