Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) is an interior wax suitable for furniture, floors and various different wooden surfaces. Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) offers a dirt resistant and water repellent protection.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) is based on natural vegetable oils and waxes that penetrate deeply into the wood keeping it elasticated and healthy. Osmo Wood Wax Finish is micro-porous meaning the wood can breathe, releasing moisture that evaporates, reducing shrinking and swelling.
Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) is best used in rooms prone to dampness to offer water resistance and dirt resistance.Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) is recommended for use in kitchens and bathrooms that are prone to high levels of moisture. In one simple application Wood Wax produces a rich professional satin finish.
For intensive colours please see: Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours)
- Suitable for all interior use
- Wood grain remains visible with transparent tones
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) Can be applied with a floor brush, wooden floors containing a very high level of oil should be pre-treated by rubbing the sanded surface with a cloth soaked with turpentine spirit to remove some of the existing oil. Make sure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from contaminants before application.
For decades Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) has been used in rooms with high moisture like kitchens and bathrooms. Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Transparent Colours) helps surfaces to breathe and release moisture into the air so surfaces are less likely to shrink or swell up, causing cracks and flakes. It penetrates deeply into the wood and is particularly well suited for the treatment of dark hardwoods like Jatoba, Meranti, Wenge, Merbau and Ebony, to name a few.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For resinous wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat on flooring - as a second coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is required
- Wood grain remains visible with 'transparent' tones and wood grain is hidden (after two coats) of 'intensive' tones
- When using 3111 White as the first coat on flooring, a second coat of 3040 White from Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints is recommended to ensure consistency of the white colour
- Recommended application amount is 35 ml per m2
- Lightly coloured glazing effect: within 20 minutes after applying the coat, wipe with a cloth or a white pad along the wood grain
- As a colouring primer for flooring: Leave to dry for approx. 24 hrs to allow pigmentation to cure before applying second coat with Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original
- For alternative colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints
- For intensive colours please see: Osmo Wood Wax Finish (Intensive Colours)
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 24 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- Drying Time: 24 hours at 23°C
- Available in Various Transparent Shades
- Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.