Osmo Polyx® Oil Effect is designed for dark wood species such as smoked oak to highlight the grain with modern colour highlighting such as gold and silver. Alternatively, for a permenant wet look see colour option RAW 3044.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Effect achieves a high resistance to water and dirt, making internal wooden flooring extremely durable for both commercial and domestic use.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Effect is optimal for decorating dark wooden flooring (Smoked Oak, Walnut etc.) or dark stained wooden flooring, such as solid wood flooring, plankwood flooring and blockstrip, as well as dark furniture. Osmo Polyx® Oil Effect provides an interesting effect to give a pigmented highlight to woods grain. Ideal for flooring in restaurants, galleries, designer homes, hotels, entrances, offices, lobbies, showrooms, shop floors and more.
- Extremely Durable and Hard Wearing
- Highly Water and Dirt Resistant
- Resistant to Common Liquid Spillages Such As Water, Juice, Tea, Cola and Wine
- Saliva and Sweat Proof - Suitable for Children's Toys
- Microporous, Breathanle Finish Which Does Not Crack, Peel or Flake
- No Sanding Necessary For Spot Repairs or Future Applications
Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free - moisture content max. 18%. Osmo Polyx® Oil Effect is ready to use, do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). <br>For dark wood species: Apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush 150 mm, and spread well. After drying, apply a second coat also thinly and quickly with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin 1101
- Polyx®-Oil Effect (3091 Silver and 3092 Gold) are designed for dark woods, only one coat is required followed by a second coat of clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil
- Recommended application amount is 30ml/m2
- Polyx®-Oil Effect (3044 Raw) is designed for lightly coloured, sanded or raw wood only. Two coats are recommended.
- For more colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 30 m2 per litre with one coat
- Application requires 1-2 coats depending on aesthetics
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
- During Time: 24 hours at 23°C
- Curing Time: 2-3 weeks to complete hardening
- Available in Silver (3091), Gold (3092) and RAW (3044)
- Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres