Osmo Top Oil is a wax oil treatment for the protection of interior wooden surfaces such as kitchen worktops.
Osmo Top Oil is an oil and wax mix which is for use as a clear treatment for wooden furniture and kitchen work surfaces. The treated wooden surface retains a natural matt finish and becomes resistant to common household substances such as wine, beer, fizzy drinks and fruit juices, etc.
Osmo TopOil is perfect for treating wooden kitchen worktops as well as other wooden furniture and surfaces. Osmo Top Oil for Wood protects and creates a perfect finish, requiring fewer coats than traditional oils. Osmo Top Oil is extremely tough, hard wearing and works well at repelling water and dirt. Ideal for wooden desks, kitchen worktops, shelving, etc.
- Food safe
- Extremely water and chemical resistant
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
It is recommended that Osmo Colour Wood Protection 4006 is applied as an extra protection coating for wooden surfaces that will have the probability of a high level of moisture or stain damage, such as kitchen worktops.
Shake Osmo Top Oil well before use. This product comes ready to use and doesn't need to be thinned out beforehand. Apply with a stiff, quality brush with tight fine bristles. When applying the first coat, apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain. Leave to dry overnight or for at least 8-10 hours, ensuring good ventilation. Apply a second coat in the same manner.
Surface and Environment
Osmo Top Oil for Wood is a clear finish designed for internal wood surfaces. Natural oils and waxes penetrate deeply into the wood, keeping it elastic and healthy and preventing it from getting dry and brittle. The wood is allowed to breathe and moisture can evaporate, reducing the risk of shrinkage and swelling.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- For wood species that have high contents of resin and/or oil (such as Teak, Mahogany, Cedar, Iroko etc.), we recommend to apply Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead
- Osmo Wood Protector is a recommended base coat for woods prone to dampness to provide additional protection
- Osmo Top Oil 3068 Natural is intended as a stand-alone finish (without using Osmo Wood Protector) to ensure the wood's light appearance is retained.
- Should you wish to add colour, it is recommended to apply one of the clear Top Oils (3058 or 3028) as a top coat after application of any colour tone from Osmo Polyx®Oil Tints range
- Osmo Top Oil 3058 Clear enhances the tone of wood (permanent wet effect)
- Osmo Top Oil 3068 Natural counteracts exactly this effect and protects wood nearly invisibly. The natural colour tone of wood is preserved.
- On dark/reddish wood species, Osmo Top Oil 3068 Natural is visible as slightly white chalky surface
- Osmo Top Oil 3061 Acacia is lightly pigmented, which gives the wood an elegant look
- Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
- For cabinet interiors and drawers, apply max. one coat thinly with a cloth. Allow for good ventilation while drying
- If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner (also available as Spray) thinly and polish when dry.
- Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Top Oil are easy to maintain. Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) cloth.
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 24 m2 per litre with one coat
- Coverage depends on porousity of wood
- Application Temperature: Over 5°C
- Drying Time: 12 hours at 23°C
- Available in various shades
- Available in 500ml
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.