Osmo Colour Wood Protector (4006 Clear) is a clear, water repellent, wax primer for wood where there is a high level of humidity and high temperatures, woods are subject to blue stain, mildew and pests which can affect the woods natural appearance and health.
Osmo Colour Wood Protector (4006 Clear) is a clear, water repellent, wax primer for wood. It is based on natural oils and waxes and produced entirely without biocides and therefore absolutely safe for indoor use. Osmo Wood Protector is great at protecting woods internally and externally, where there is a danger of blue stain and mildew.
Osmo Colour Wood Protector (4006 Clear) is best used in areas with high humidity or high temperatures where there is expected to be moisture in the air. 4006 is an exterior paint (wax) that penetrates deeply into the wood, maintaining it's elasticity and health by preventing it from getting dry and brittle.
- Extremely water resistant
- Food safe
- Suitable for the interior and exterior
- Animal and plant friendly once dry
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable primer which does not crack, peel or flake
- Supports a healthy living environment
- No future applications necessary
Osmo Colour Wood Protector (4006 Clear) can be applied by brush but is preferably applied by dipping to ensure all sides of the wood are covered. Dip the wood for approximately 2 minutes and leave for 24 hours to dry, making sure there is good ventilation. When purchased Osmo Colour Wood Protector (4006 Clear) is ready to use, simply stir well and apply the product.
Surface & Environment
Where there is a high level of humidity and high temperatures, woods are subject to blue stain and mildew, as well as other pests which can affect the woods natural appearance and health. This is most common in exterior woods that are exposed to the elements. Osmo Colour Wood Protector (4006 Clear) has been specially designed to deal with these pests. By allowing the wood to breathe, moisture can evaporate, meaning shrinking and swelling is reduced.
- When dry, finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- Ideal base coat for Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original for use in bathrooms, kitchens and even swimming pool environments and saunas
- Osmo Wood Protector is a primer only and requires a finishing product such as Osmo Top Oil for worktops or Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original for flooring, furniture and joinery in bathrooms or kitchens
- First application of Osmo 4006 Wood Protector must be applied onto untreated or evenly sanded surfaces
- Wood Protector is clear and therefore will darken the natural character of the wood, please test a small area prior to application
- If possible, although not essential; apply to all sides of the wood to give the strongest protection. Wipe excess from edges with a dry cloth before leaving to dry
- Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect)
- Osmo Wood Protector is not a self-priming finish. Within one week, a top coat (with an oil-based Osmo wood finish) should be carried out.
- When using Osmo Wood Protector on large areas under Osmo One Coat Only HS Plus, glossy spots may appear because of the extremely high content of solids in this stain.
- Due to the strongly water-repellent effect, do not coat with water-soluble products (e.g. Osmo Interior Wax).
- For Interior Wood Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Cleaner: Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Theoretical Coverage: 6 - 8.4 m2 per litre with one coat
- Coverage depends on porousity of wood
- Application Temperature: Over 5°C
- Drying Time: 24 hours at 23°C when brushed or 36 hours when dipped
- Available in 4006 Clear
- Available in 2.5 Litres
The manufacturers data sheets are available for download from this website. It is your responsibility to read and understand all aspects of the data sheets before you place an order and prior to application. Please pay special attention to the preparation, mixing and application temperatures of the product, cleaning of substrate and environmental factors such as temperature, rain etc. Quoted coverage rates are based on the manufacturers theoretical rates and may vary depending upon substrates absorption, texture and application. We always recommend a test is carried out to ensure suitability.
Customer further agrees that Promain have no liability for any errors or omissions contained within the Product Data Sheets and are not liable for failure due to misapplication or inadequate substrate cleaning and preparation. For more information please refer to our Terms & Conditions.