Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip 3088 Clear Semi-Matt (R9) is suitable for interior wooden flooring with an R9 slip rating. Osmo Polyx Oil Anti Slip is more than adequate for domestic and commercial applications where a safety floor is not required.
Osmo Polyx Oil Anti Slip uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Resistant to dirt and water abrasion, this coating will enhance the grip qualities of your interior wood without compromising on looks.
Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip 3088 Clear Semi-Matt (R9) is ideal for stairs, hallways or other areas with floors made from solid wood. Suitable for plank wood flooring, blockstrip, OSB and cork where enhanced slip resistance is required. Osmo Polyx Oil Anti Slip 3088 Clear Semi-Matt will provide a fine texture suitable for barefoot and delicate pets paws. Suitable for wood floors only, this micro porous surface does not crack, peel, flake or blister. Suitable for kitchens and resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A without any water spots. Also suitable for coating wooden children toys as per EN 71.3.
- Slip Resistant To R9 Standard For Added Safety
- Formulated for Public and Commercial Use
- Highly Durable and Hard Wearing
- Resistant To Common Liquid Spillages Such As Water, Juice, Tea, Cola and Wine
- Saliva Resistant and Sweat Proof - Suitable For Children's Toys
- Microporous, Breathable Finish Which Does Not Crack, Peel or Flake
- No Sanding Necessary For Spot Repairs or Future Applications
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost free with a moisture content under 18%. Do not thin. Stir well before use. Osmo Polyx® Oil Anti Slip Satin Matt 3088 (R9) is ready to use. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. Fill any small cracks, larger joints or holes with Osmo Wood Filler. Sand wood as per data sheets. Apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Osmo Floor Brush 150 mm, and spread well. Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours with good ventilation. After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly. When renovating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient. Note: Osmo Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip cannot be evened out with a single disc machine with a white pad.
- Resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water according to DIN 68861-1A – no water spots
- Finish is safe for humans, animals and plants
- Suitable for children‘s toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm)
- Saliva-resistant and sweat proof according to DIN 53160 (German industrial norm)
- Holds an R9 slip rating: More than adequate for domestic and commercial applications where a safety floor is not required
- Hardwax-oil finish retains the natural character of the wood, is microporous and does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
- Hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture
- For exotic hardwood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin 1101
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood. To retain the light character of the wood, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Recommended application quantity is 35ml per m2
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Osmo Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip as the clear top coat.
- For an even smoother surface, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Suitable for Commercial and Public Use
- Odour: Faint / Mild
- Application requires two coats applied wet on wet
- Application Temperature: Above 5°C
|Type:||Based on natural plant oils and waxes|
|Stock Colours:||3088 Clear|
|VOC Content:||500 g/l|
|Suitable Substrates:||Interior wood floors|
|Application Method:||Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller|
|Theoretical Coverage:||1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat|
|Wet Film Thickness (WFT):||-|
|Dry Film Thickness (DFT):||-|
|Touch Dry:||Approx. 8-10 hours at 23°C|
|Fully Cured:||2-3 weeks at 23°C|
|Cleaner / Thinner:||Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner|
|Shelf Life:||Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly|
|Packaging:||Available in 750ml and 2.5 Litres|