PPG Nu-Klad IMP is a two-component, solvent-free, impregnating epoxy floor primer, part of the PPG Nu-Klad floor coating system.
Nu-Klad Imp has been developed to offer excellent penetration and saturation properties when applied to a concrete floor slab. Nu-Klad Imp is a two component solvent free, impregnating epoxy semi-transparent, gray floor primer. Nu-Klad IMP is applied by a roller and provides a semi-gloss finish. Nu-Klad Imp should be applied to floors that have been allowed to dry for at least 28 days in good ventilation conditions and the moisture content of the floor slab should not exceed 4.5%. The concrete must be sound, dry, free from laitance and any contamination, rough surface should be abraded by power tool or diamond abrading tool. The dry film thickness and spreading rate are depending on the absorption capability coming from the roughness and porosity of the concrete.
- Mixing ratio by volume: base to hardener 69.6:30.4 (mixing ratio by weight: base to hardener 74:26)
- Material temperature should be between 10°C (50°F) and 30°C (86°F)
- Mix base and hardener with a mechanical mixer thoroughly for 3 minutes until homogeneous
- Pour the mixture into another can and mix for 1 minute Induction time None
- Pot life 40 minutes at 20°C (68°F)
- Plastering trowel for rough, strong absorbing substrates, no thinner should be added
- Brush/roller application, for smooth, normal absorbing substrates no thinner should be added
- Cleaning solvent Thinner 90-53
- Available in a clear finish
- Theoretical coverage 2-5m2 per litre per coat
- Available in 10 litres.