PPG SigmaDur 1800 is a two component high solids polymeric urethane paint that can be used to provide excellent protection even in strong atmospheric conditions.
SigmaDur 1800 is tough and durable and works to protect the surface from abrasion and impact damages caused in everyday working environments.
PPG SigmaDur 1800 is best used externally in environments exposed to strong levels of weathering and works to protect the substrate against corrosion damage all the while maintaining a high standard of gloss and colour retention. SigmaDur 1800 can be exposed to UV light for long periods of time and will not yellow or fade due to the sunlight.
PPG SigmaDur 1800 is a general purpose product that can be applied using brush, roller or spray in conditions down to -5 degrees Celsius. SigmaDur 1800 has fast drying properties and will be dry to touch after just 2 hours, minimising downtime in working environments. SigmaDur 1800 can even be recoated after long periods of exposure to weathering without the need of stripping previous coatings.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaDur 1800 can be used in all industrial and commercial environments as well as in marine and coastal conditions. SigmaDur 1800 is highly multi-purpose and is available in a selection of different shades depending on the surface you intend to coat. SigmaDur 1800 can be applied to any number of surfaces including, steel, wood and concrete and works to protect all substrates from weathering and chemical spillages, such as petrol and oil.
This product is a component of the following systems:
- ISO 12944-6 Systems For Steel - C5-I High at 75 microns DFT
- PPG SigmaDur 1800 two component high solids polymeric urethane.
- Two component high solids polymeric urethane.
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric exposure conditions.
- Outstanding colour and gloss retention.
- Non-chalking, non-yellowing.
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C
- Theoretical spreading rate 9.1m2 per litre for 75µm DFT
- Available in 4 and 20 Litres