Rustoleum Galva Expresse 2180 is a very fast drying zinc rich primer based on a styrene-acrylic resin. The product contains pure zinc as pigment and provides excellent protection against corrosion.
Rustoleum Galva Expresse 2180 should be used on new, bare steel or galvanised steel surfaces. This product is intended to be applied on small areas or for touch up. 2180 can be recoated with non saponifiable coatings. Suitable as a primer or as a single coat in light industrial exposures, corrosive environments and high humidity areas.
Remove dirt, grease, oil, loose rust and all other surface contaminants by appropriate means. The surface must be clean and dry during application. Remove Rustoleum Galva Expresse 2180 cover cap. Shake vigorously for at least one minute after the rattle of mixing ball is heard. Shake frequently during use. Hold can approx. 25 cm from surface. Use back and forth motion keeping can parallel with surface. Ensure that can is in motion when spray button is pressed to avoid runs and sags. Apply a full, wet coat to achieve a close, dense coating film, avoid dry spray. After use turn can upside down and press spray button for 2 - 3 seconds to clean valve.
- Appearance: Flat
- VOC Content: 645g per litre
- Dry Film Thickness: 35 microns dry
- Wet Film Thickness: Roughly 100 microns wet
- Touch Dry: 5 minutes @ 20C
- Dry to Handle: 10 minutes
- Recoatable: Within 1 hour or after 48 hours
- Full Hardness: 3 days
- Heat Resistant: 350C (dry heat)
- Theoretical Coverage: 1.4m2 per spray can at 35 microns
- Available in Grey
- Available in 6 x 500ml Aerosols